Am I being ignored?
Sep 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
Although I may post a beaten to death topic more than once I feel like people are ignoring me when I come up with topics in the forum. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #2 of 16
Quote:
Although I may post a beaten to death topic more than once I feel like people are ignoring me when I come up with topics in the forum. 

You have said you do not like it when fellow Head-fi-ers bash on Beats, so we are being nice and not saying anything.

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 16
I don't get it, I did some light lurking and only found Sneagle asking people why they avoid the Beats Pro when compared to XB1000 when they haven't even hard the Beats Pro or listend to it in depth as they would with other headphones and making a comment on the "audiophile" bandwagon. I see nothing wrong with that, unless you said other stuff.

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
I don't get it, I did some light lurking and only found Sneagle asking people why they avoid the Beats Pro when compared to XB1000 when they haven't even hard the Beats Pro or listend to it in depth as they would with other headphones and making a comment on the "audiophile" bandwagon. I see nothing wrong with that, unless you said other stuff.

Well I notice that its a trend to automatically hate beats. well I'm going to stop with that for now and get over it but Its just an observation.

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
It's a trend here, I just look over it as people will still do the same thing

It is, and this is why I constantly ask questions because for all I know I might get a wrong recommendation from someone who said that beats are bad without any actual listening experience

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
It is, and this is why I constantly ask questions because for all I know I might get a wrong recommendation from someone who said that beats are bad without any actual listening experience

I only real problem with Beats is they are over priced for their audio quality.
So why would me or any other Head-Fi-er want to recommend (or even discuss) over priced headphones with fellow Head-Fi-ers.

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 16
Objectiveness, how many of those bashing it have sat down with them and gave them a thorough listen on their source units and amps as they would with other headphones even if they were terrible? 

I haven't, I listened to almost all the Beats and decided I didn't like them which is what most do but nowadays I realized, I didn't give them a REAL chance and so I won't be bashing them in.

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
I only real problem with Beats is they are over priced for their audio quality.
So why would me or any other Head-Fi-er want to recommend (or even discuss) over priced headphones with fellow Head-Fi-ers.

Well I'm using beats pro as a benchmark for comparison between headphones since I can't listen to denon d2000 or ultrasones at best buy. In fact I'm a little confused. People say that beats pro sound like 100 USD but some people say they sound Ok but not superb and others say they sound like 240 dollars. I'm not sure who to believe because its quite possible that people who automatically hate beats would be the ones that say that they sound 100 dollars. Or pure hatred might cause a bias. I was told by others that audio techinca pro 700 mk2 are better than beats pro but someone else told me that its actually a bit of a downgrade. Crinacle told me that and it seems he knows what he is talking about (not that anyone else does not). I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
Well I'm using beats pro as a benchmark for comparison between headphones since I can't listen to denon d2000 or ultrasones at best buy. In fact I'm a little confused. People say that beats pro sound like 100 USD but some people say they sound Ok but not superb and others say they sound like 240 dollars. I'm not sure who to believe because its quite possible that people who automatically hate beats would be the ones that say that they sound 100 dollars. Or pure hatred might cause a bias. I was told by others that audio techinca pro 700 mk2 are better than beats pro but someone else told me that its actually a bit of a downgrade. Crinacle told me that and it seems he knows what he is talking about (not that anyone else does not). I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Could be what source you are using to drive the Beats makes the difference, a nice $250 DAC/Amp will always make headphones sound better compared to a on-board audio (or cheap mp3 player).
I read a lot of threads and I rarely see anyone say how much they like their Beats over other headphone in the same price range, most of the time they find something they like better (or something they think sounds as good as the Beats) for way less then what the Beats cost.
For some the Beats might work well with the music they like.
Personally, I do not like the sound of the Sony XB500s, but I'm a minority in that opinion.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
Could be what source you are using to drive the Beats makes the difference, a nice $250 DAC/Amp will always make headphones sound better compared to a on-board audio (or cheap mp3 player).
I read a lot of threads and I rarely see anyone say how much they like their Beats over other headphone in the same price range, most of the time they find something they like better (or something they think sounds as good as the Beats) for way less then what the Beats cost.
For some the Beats might work well with the music they like.
Personally, I do not like the sound of the Sony XB500s, but I'm a minority in that opinion.

You aren't a minority, most bass heads see it as price for buck and bang as it is very bassy and comfortable. I found it's sound to suck as well but massive EQ'ing actually made it sound "normal and fun". It took a very large EQ for that though. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
You aren't a minority, most bass heads see it as price for buck and bang as it is very bassy and comfortable. I found it's sound to suck as well but massive EQ'ing actually made it sound "normal and fun". It took a very large EQ for that though. 

The only place I could ever try  different headphones was my local Best Buy. After comparing some Sony "Studio Monitors" to some XB500s, I immediately disliked the "extra bass" of the XB500. I don't know if I didn't listen long enough or hard enough, from my experience it was obvious that the overpowering bass ate the mids and the treble. As for the Beats.... I tried the Pros. The clamping force was so strong I couldn't even test them. My head hurt for the next 5 minutes after putting the beats on 
mad.gif

EDIT: I had to test the beats and XB500s with best buy's built in listening stands :/

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
The only place I could ever try  different headphones was my local Best Buy. After comparing some Sony "Studio Monitors" to some XB500s, I immediately disliked the "extra bass" of the XB500. I don't know if I didn't listen long enough or hard enough, from my experience it was obvious that the overpowering bass ate the mids and the treble. As for the Beats.... I tried the Pros. The clamping force was so strong I couldn't even test them. My head hurt for the next 5 minutes after putting the beats on 
mad.gif

EDIT: I had to test the beats and XB500s with best buy's built in listening stands :/

Well I was trying to compare the beats pro and the sony xb1000. The pros get comfortable after a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back