Am I weird?
May 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KingOfTheWild

Formerly known as kingalekay.
Am I weird? Most people try to get rid of / completely remove any pops and other noises in their records but I actually like it when my music has these things in it. I think that pops that are present in music sounds good and is calming/soothing. I think it gives music character . . . I like the small imperfections in music . . . Is there anyone else that agrees? Anyone else that is like me?

EDIT: By the way, do any of you know of a product that can put the music on your records onto CD's for real cheap?

May 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 6
There's a ton of devices to do this with including USB turntables and recorders like that one. 

You could do this with quite a few ~50 USD turntables but they will sound pretty bad when it's all said and done. I've done a few for a family member on a cheap TT he got for Christmas...

May 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 6
I agree with you completly, it adds a cool flavor to music that I really enjoy. Also, this kind of music makes high quality recordings soun even better. BTW you might want to change the title of  this thread it's a little decieving.

May 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 6
Just capture a bunch of silent grooves, splice them together into a loop and mix them in over the top of your CD player, and everything can sound like that.

By the way, that Crosley is craptastic. A total waste of money. Get a real turntable.

May 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I agree with you completly, it adds a cool flavor to music that I really enjoy. Also, this kind of music makes high quality recordings soun even better. BTW you might want to change the title of  this thread it's a little decieving.

I'm glad you agree with me . . . why do you say that I should change the title of the thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back