Amazon
Mar 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sahwnfras

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I have placed an order at amazon.ca, this was back on Jan 25. I had one item that was from an amazon seller and it came witin 2 days. Now with the other stuff I had ordered, some cds and a documentary. They had an esitmated shipping date of feb24-mar 16, which i thought was ridiculous but whatever.
Now today I get an email from them saying that one of my cds is going to be delayed untill mar23-apr6.
So for the real question, how does one contact someone at amazon to talk to, email or phone. I have looked all over their website and cant find anything, what kind of company is this. And as from this experience i would never but stuff online again.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Did you get charged for the items already? I know I have bought directly from amazon (not one of the sellers through amazon, but directly from Amazon) and they postponed my order on some Cd's for literally two months. However, part of it was shipped on time. I only got charged for what was shipped, NOT for everything.

Once the rest got shipped, then and ONLY then did Amazon charge me.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does one contact someone at amazon to talk to, email or phone. I have looked all over their website and cant find anything, what kind of company is this.

Go to their Web site, log in, and click Your Account. From there you can easily manage your orders, contact Customer Service, etc.

FWIW, I place tens of orders at Amazon (US and UK shops) every year, and I think they have unbeatable service. In the past two days, I have ordered 9 more new audio CDs from them and am looking forward to those.

Good luck sorting out your delayed order. My bet is that Amazon.ca hasn't got any control over the availability date of your item.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 5
I did end up finding the cust service.

No they did not charge me, but I do like to know whats up with my orders not 'it's delayed'

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Amazon's shipping has gone to, well you know what. I have been a customer for awhile and you used to get stuff instantly- now they consistently take a month or longer. Its ridiculous, its like back to the days when as a kid you would order something off the back of a Cereal box and one day after you forgot about it (6-8 weeks later) it arrives. Silly, really. And yes, I do generally try to take advantage of their over $25 shipping is free, but does that really justify a month to ship. Plenty of other places today offer free shipping and still get it to you within a week, give or take. Lately I go to Buy.com. Another vender that has a lot of free shipping, but it doesn't take forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back