Amp/DAC needed for my needs?
May 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Justlog

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there everyone!
Right now I'm using the AKG K450's and I'm pretty steisfied with them when using them on my Sansa Clip +, thing is that when I'm connecting them to my computer I'm not getting even near the SQ I get on the Clip +.
So comes the question, Do I need an amp or dac to improve my SQ on my computer?(excuse me for writing this thread so bad, It's just that it's  02:00 AM at Israel atm).

Right now I'm using my K450 straight through the computer to the lousy on-board sound card.

May 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Your headphones are rated 32 ohm impedance. The Clip+ is known for having a decent DAC, and the amp works well for lower impedance headphones. If it sounds a lot better than your computer, then yes. A DAC and headphone amp could be in order. You might try something like the FiiO E17.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Your headphones are rated 32 ohm impedance. The Clip+ is known for having a decent DAC, and the amp works well for lower impedance headphones. If it sounds a lot better than your computer, then yes. A DAC and headphone amp could be in order. You might try something like the FiiO E17.

Thanks!
Do you know any website with a decent price for the FiiO E17?
And BTW, if it's not too much to ask, can you please give me a simple explanation of what impedance actually means?

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 8
The regular price for the E17 is the good price. Check Amazon.

Impedance is expressed in ohms which is resistance. Some amps work better with lower impedance headphones; some with higher impedance. Some with both.

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
The regular price for the E17 is the good price. Check Amazon.

Impedance is expressed in ohms which is resistance. Some amps work better with lower impedance headphones; some with higher impedance. Some with both.

Gotch, thanks mate!
BTW, Will I be able to use the Brainwavz M4's with it aswell?

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Yep. Works well with IEMs. See this review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back