Amp pairing for HD58xx
Feb 17, 2021 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GChesters

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some suggestions for an amp (not dongle) to pair with my Drop HD58xx cans. I've read that the bottleheads bring out the best of them on the high impedance setting, but I can't afford that sort of money at the minute.

Source will be an IPhone with Amazon Music HD. All genres in general. Max budget £150 ish.

Many thanks!

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some suggestions for an amp (not dongle) to pair with my Drop HD58xx cans. I've read that the bottleheads bring out the best of them on the high impedance setting, but I can't afford that sort of money at the minute.

Source will be an IPhone with Amazon Music HD. All genres in general. Max budget £150 ish.

Many thanks!
Hi
I've just got a pair of HD660's (similar performance and load) and ordered the iFi Zen Can Signature as it's 'Tuned' for the Sennheisers. This is way over you're budget but the standard non "signature" version would be a close relation. Loads of drive and very clear. Even cheaper and an upgrade to the iphone output would be the Zen DAC from the same company at £129 (Use it with a lightning to Camera adapter cable) - the headphone drive on this is also very respectable and you're stepping up in terms of digital conversion. I'm still running in both the headphones and the little Zen amp but so far very impresive (especially with the balanced 4.4mm output)

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 6
Many thanks for the reply i will check that out. Forgot to mention I'm currently running them through an IBasso DC03. I've read that amps with higher impedance run the 58x's better are there any views?

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 6
The Hip Dac is great for portable use and I really like it! For desktop amp I really enjoy how my HD6XX pair with my SMSL SP200.
The ifi Zen can seems like another great option. My only problem with it is that it uses 4.4mm connection for balanced and all my balanced cables are 4 pin XLR which is more common.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back