Amp Recommendation for HD650/HRT Musicstreamer II+
Oct 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DarthMarth

100+ Head-Fier
I got my Bottlehead Crack, as recommended here, on Thursday night. After waiting a month for it to arrive and an unsuccessful 10+-hour struggle to assemble and wire it, I really just want an amp that will definitely work, not constantly make me worry about bad solder joints, and not electrocute me. I've had the HD650s and HRT MusicStreamer II+ I ordered at around the same time for a while. I would like another (prebuilt) amp to put between these that is a good sonic fit. Also, my long-term goal is to upgrade to a pair of HD800s, so an amp that works well with both headphones (as the Crack was supposed to) would be great. I'm told the MusicStreamer II+ is fairly transparent and neutral, like the HD800s, so I'd prefer an amp to match. Price range: preferably <$600, but after I've spent so much already I wouldn't care too much if I had to spend more.

Update: I am leaning towards the Schiit Lyr, and because of Schiit's 15-day return policy I may go ahead and order one soon. If anyone thinks another amp is more deserving of consideration, please feel free to bring it up. Thanks.

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Update: I am leaning towards the Schiit Lyr, and because of Schiit's 15-day return policy I may go ahead and order one soon. If anyone thinks another amp is more deserving of consideration, please feel free to bring it up. Thanks.

Damn. Was just going to recommend it
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back