Amplifier for Thunderpants in office; Little Dot MKIII or 1+?
Aug 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

davejansen

New Head-Fier
Hello!

While I understand plenty of coming to an eventual decision will be related to personal preference, I could really use some pointers in the right direction, the whole low/high impedance thingy still throws me off although I think I might actually start to sort of get it. Maybe.

I'm looking at buying a new amp for in my office, I'm currently using a semi-vintage one that I'm supposed to take home. I've been eyeing a few of the Little Dots, half because of the good things I've read about them, the other half because I don't want to spend too much on audio equipment right now, the girlfriend won't be all this understanding forever :wink:.

I'm using my Thunderpants at work, and I was originally looking at the Little Dot MKII, which pointed me to the apparently (much?) better MKIII. Today, however, I read that the Little Dot 1+ "hybrid" amp is apparently better for low impedance headphones, which mine is — unless I'm mistaken.

So, which would you recommend fits the Thunderpants better? If need be, I'm all ears for some alternate amplifiers, though they should be in similar price range (under $250, or under $300 at the most).

Many thanks in advance!

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back