Ampsandsound Red October Tube Amp
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #16 of 26
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #17 of 26
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #19 of 26
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #20 of 26
@DJJEZ hows red october sounding ?

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #21 of 26
@DJJEZ hows red october sounding ?
It's an amazing amp. I'm very happy with it. I've had aic-10 in my setup recently and the red october is still going to remain although I will most likely sell my wa33 and buy aic-10 though, both amps have the best midrange ive heard. It's soundstage is just huge with this laid back rich warm dense full sounding smooth midrange. If your a midrange freak red october is incredible.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #22 of 26
The strength of the 300B is the midrange and the Red October really shines in bring out the strengths of that tube.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #23 of 26
It's an amazing amp. I'm very happy with it. I've had aic-10 in my setup recently and the red october is still going to remain although I will most likely sell my wa33 and buy aic-10 though, both amps have the best midrange ive heard. It's soundstage is just huge with this laid back rich warm dense full sounding smooth midrange. If your a midrange freak red october is incredible.
The ConvinceMeAudio re-review of the Susvara mentioned the Red October and Rockna Wavedream Sig combination - not sure if this was the SE version or fully balanced - but he sounded blown away by the red october with this combo. Equally he said he wasn't ready to let go of the AIC-10 either as yet.

There's something to be said for having a tube amp errs on the side of a tubey sound rather than hovering closer to solid state, especially if you own multiple amps - giving you both flavours depending on the genre of music or your mood.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #24 of 26
The ConvinceMeAudio re-review of the Susvara mentioned the Red October and Rockna Wavedream Sig combination - not sure if this was the SE version or fully balanced - but he sounded blown away by the red october with this combo. Equally he said he wasn't ready to let go of the AIC-10 either as yet.

There's something to be said for having a tube amp errs on the side of a tubey sound rather than hovering closer to solid state, especially if you own multiple amps - giving you both flavours depending on the genre of music or your mood.
Convince me audio has my red october and the wavedream is signature balanced which I have borrowed currently which is an incredible dac and yes agree I prefer having a very tubey tube amp along with something much more solid state. Red october is extremely tubey.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #25 of 26
Convince me audio has my red october and the wavedream is signature balanced which I have borrowed currently which is an incredible dac and yes agree I prefer having a very tubey tube amp along with something much more solid state.
If the amplifiers are SE are there any benefits in using a Sig Balanced vs a straight Sig SE? The cost differential is quite substantial.

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #26 of 26
If the amplifiers are SE are there any benefits in using a Sig Balanced vs a straight Sig SE? The cost differential is quite substantial.
U would have to ask rockna that question to be 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back