An amp,or an Amp/DAC combo?
Oct 18, 2010 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Theodore

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.
As a new member,I ask,what would be the use of a amp/Dac combo,instead of a amp alone ?
If the dac section,is,as I understand, for digital "matter",to improve quality,upscaling to 96,is this for FLAC only files,or even mp3, 320?
I want to hear music from either a mobile SE W995,or a mp3 - FLAC player,having  Eterna earphones,and beeing ready to buy Yuin PK1,and of course a good amp,or amp/dac,if you tell me that this combination,is better.
I can go to a Pico,or i-Qube,or NuForce,when I am sure what is best for me.
As you all know,beeing in the same wagon,we stand doing nothing,when we have not full info about the product we need.
Regards,
Theodore,
Athens Greece.

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 3

Theodore said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi.
As a new member,I ask,what would be the use of a amp/Dac combo,instead of a amp alone ?
If the dac section,is,as I understand, for digital "matter",to improve quality,upscaling to 96,is this for FLAC only files,or even mp3, 320?
I want to hear music from either a mobile SE W995,or a mp3 - FLAC player,having  Eterna earphones,and beeing ready to buy Yuin PK1,and of course a good amp,or amp/dac,if you tell me that this combination,is better.
I can go to a Pico,or i-Qube,or NuForce,when I am sure what is best for me.
As you all know,beeing in the same wagon,we stand doing nothing,when we have not full info about the product we need.
Regards,
Theodore,
Athens Greece.

Would you pls post it here? Have you got the answer? Thank you! It's long time.

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 3
As you see in my signature,I finally got a Hifiman HM-801,and Westone UM3X headphones only,because the PK1s that I ordered,never came to me,lost in the jungle of the Post Offices,between Hong Kong and Greece.Over Euros 100.00,gone.
mad.gif

Also,I ordered the UM56 molds,which I hope that I have in this week.
Anyway,I listen 24/96 files with Hifiman and I am very satisfied with it,besides I have not listened other portable devices,other than my Sony Discman,and my SE W995.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back