Android phones and USB DACs
Nov 20, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #8,521 of 9,526
Tried restarting phone and even uninstalled Neutron, didn't help. Now even USB Audio Pro isn't working, won't open WFMU stream to dac. :frowning2:

That sux bigtime. Does Google Player work with native USB OTG support?

Haven't tried Google Player, actually... I thought you needed a player that would handle otg. I'll try it next. If you're going to am outboard dac, shouldn't matter which player you use as long as it can manage the files, I suppose.

(not so tragic, since I do like the sound of the HTC 10 on its own. But, seems I can't get these music players to open these streams for that either. WFMU does have its own app and music player, which works, so I could still listen to it on my dog walk).

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #8,522 of 9,526
Haven't tried Google Player, actually... I thought you needed a player that would handle otg. I'll try it next. If you're going to am outboard dac, shouldn't matter which player you use as long as it can manage the files, I suppose.

(not so tragic, since I do like the sound of the HTC 10 on its own. But, seems I can't get these music players to open these streams for that either. WFMU does have its own app and music player, which works, so I could still listen to it on my dog walk).

I have a subscription to Google All music streaming. I can get to it using the Android Google Player app or by using Bubble UPnP with a player (USBAPP, Neutron, Media Monkey...) and use a USB OTG connected DAC. So depending on the player it can use the native Android USB Audio or in the case of Neutron or USBAPP their own driver. You must be ticked off now that is ceases to work

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #8,523 of 9,526
Absolutely, the USBAPP did work for a short while, now is telling me the same files it used play can't be read. I downloaded Poweramp (which I had purchased years ago, but had left off my phone because I preferred Neutron, and didn't need multiple players). No difference so far. I never could get my HTC M8 to connect to an external DAP with OTG, but at least I could get Neutron to work on streaming music sites. As I said, the only saving grace is that the HTC 10 is a pretty good sounding phone as is, can manage just with the phone internal dac and amp for as often as I use it.

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #8,524 of 9,526
My goodness, I wish that I had found this thread a while ago, been wondering where I should go to ask this:

I have a samsung s6 edge + chord mojo. This bloody combination pops, stutters and clicks with all streaming (spotify) apps! Noticeably too :frowning2: 

Is there any way that I can somehow fix this or is this just an issue with all androids and streaming? Any way to force bit perfect streaming? The solution seems to be to play all audio through UAPP, which makes my streaming app useless.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. At this point, I'm tempted to sell off my Mojo as it also has this issue in Windows, where by it needs the audio app to have either WASAPI or ASIO enabled or it presents the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #8,525 of 9,526
Streaming works well with my nexus 5 on marshmallow 6.0.1 connected to JDSLabs C5D. Spotify and Tidal both play and sound great.

Maybe someone else with an s6 edge could chip in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #8,528 of 9,526
Still can't get my HTC 10 to connect to the Denon DA-10. Have uninstalled Neutron, installed Poweramp, tried uapp, restarted phone. Used the DA-10 in the past with HTC One M8 and iPad 3.would like to use it to stream WFMU. Org,(the world's best radio station,especially their Give the Drummer Sine stream). Any thoughts?

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #8,529 of 9,526
Still can't get my HTC 10 to connect to the Denon DA-10. Have uninstalled Neutron, installed Poweramp, tried uapp, restarted phone. Used the DA-10 in the past with HTC One M8 and iPad 3.would like to use it to stream WFMU. Org,(the world's best radio station,especially their Give the Drummer Sine stream). Any thoughts?

does ur htc 10 support usb otg? it seems like it doesn't http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_10-review-1434p3.php . you can also download an app on the playstore to check it. alos, since ur phone is usb type c, maybe it requires a usb otg type c plug instead of using an adapter. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #8,530 of 9,526
I tried cables that were supposed to be USB c otg first, then tried the adapter when it didn't work. I assumed the 10 would work, but maybe that's a mistake on my part.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #8,531 of 9,526
I tried cables that were supposed to be USB c otg first, then tried the adapter when it didn't work. I assumed the 10 would work, but maybe that's a mistake on my part.

see if u can access a usb memory stick when connected to ur htc 10 via usb otg. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #8,532 of 9,526
I actually do get a message on the screen that I'm connecting via USB (and charging the other unit), but then it doesn't work to play the streaming music files.
I'll have to try the USB stick when I have a chance. (have to find one...)

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #8,534 of 9,526
I actually do get a message on the screen that I'm connecting via USB (and charging the other unit), but then it doesn't work to play the streaming music files.
I'll have to try the USB stick when I have a chance. (have to find one...)

my HTC one M9 still has occasional usb dac connecting problems with external usb dacs, have to keep resetting software and hardware
and eventually it connects....and sounds great.   but HTC 10 is USB c, so different hardware....good luck man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back