Another Beyer Manufaktur arrives! (Pics)
May 8, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #17 of 116
Wow, nice blue color
biggrin.gif

And you said they are better substantially out of portable source from the old one? Ugh, must resist.....

May 8, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #19 of 116
Gah... that does it. When I finally get around the buying a DT770 (have been wanting one since hearing it at the meet) I need to use the manufacture. So gorgeous... granted the blue is a bit lighter than I thought it would be. You said it took more than a month just for the leather pads? So it should take a lot less time for a non-leather thing?

May 8, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 116
That said, I hoped someone at marketing is er um... burned (argh, that sounds terribly medieval) for the poorly photoshop previews on the Flash page. As long as you're trying to sell us something, how about more accurate color representation? It makes sense from a snobby consumer's point of view, of course, but from a sales point of view it seems conter-productive to have consumers back complaining about how the color didn't match and such...

Good to know that that we can put faith in Beyer to make the real thing look pretty though.

May 8, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #24 of 116
So there are people out there buying the german ones. Nice comment.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #25 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
The leather handband looks sweet... it doesn't zipper up, does it?

Well, it's the same as the regular headband, using a ziplock-type zipper.
Not buttons as the old models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
EDIT: Also, what is the purpose of the little end bits on the new models? Is their sole function to have witty comments written on them, or do they have something to do with the headband adjustment?

They have a function, actually. The top-end of the "forks", that goes up into the headband, is held more securely in place by the metal plates.

May 8, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #26 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
How is the foam over the velour???

Beyer calls it "jersey", and it's the same pads as on the DT440/660/860.
These pads aren't bad, but I prefer the velour ones. That's why I got a black pair of those too. :wink:

May 8, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #27 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXhalberstramXX
how does the sound compare to the 880s?

Do some searching here. When amped, these 32 ohm DT990 aren't very different from the 250 ohm version, and there should be quite a few comparisons between the two here.

Here's the very short version:
DT990: Fun, rockin', engaging, slightly loudnessy, not 100% correct and lots of quality bass.
DT880: Incredibly neutral, very correct (and deep) bass-response, reveals a bad source, huge soundstage. One of the few headphones that disappears when listening through them.

May 8, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #28 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
So gorgeous... granted the blue is a bit lighter than I thought it would be. You said it took more than a month just for the leather pads? So it should take a lot less time for a non-leather thing?

Yeah, the Manufaktur-website aren't 100% correct when it comes to the colours. You get a fairly good impression, though. Also, it depends on how good your monitor is calibrated.

It took over a month for my order because Beyer didn't have enough leather pads and bands in stock. They might have now.
And the leather headband is a must have.

I guess you'll have to wait 4-5 weeks no matter configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back