Another Buying Advice Thread, 900 usd budget(Sorry!)
Jan 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tgeml

New Head-Fier
I've been reading the forums for a few hours gathering information, and I'm unable to determine if an upgrade would be 
worthwhile for myself, with my current setup. Currently I run the below setup.

- Asus Essence STX  w/LME49990 dual op-amp upgrades on the headphone amplifier section
- Sennheiser HD-580, 600 Grills, Canare  L4E5C Custom Cable.

My budget is 900 USD, I was eyeballing the new Beyerdynamic T90's + an Schiit Valhalla and was curious if that would 
be my "best bang" for my buck, or what would you recommend to see an appreciable upgrade over my current setup.

Thanks for reading, sorry for another buying advise post!

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Heya,

With $900, an appreciable upgrade would be a T1 (used), HD800 (used), HE-400, HE-500 or LCD2 with an appropriate amplifier.

I would definitely not waste your budget on a T90.
And based on what you already have, if you want any real upgrade at all, with your budget, you should put every drop of it into a high-end headphone.

Very best,

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 4
$900!? That's Stax Lambda or Koss ESP/950 money, easily. You've got options.

But if you want people to give you better recommendations, you also have to explain what you'll be using your headphone setup for.

Music listening complicates things enough because of genre tastes, but if you were to throw gaming (of the competitive FPS sort) into the mix, that can totally make and break certain headphone models for your uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back