Another gaming headset or get new audiophile headphone?
Jun 20, 2023 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

javaboymk03

New Head-Fier
Hello, so my trusty Cooler Master MH751 swivel hinge is broken, and though maybe i can fix it, i bought it around 2018 and i think it's time for a replacement.

I love my MH751's sound profile and i almost thought about just getting another pair of gaming headset, but i do want to try out other headphones too, especially open backs. My budget is currently around IDR 1.500.000 - 2000.000 (around $100-$180) give or take, and after browsing the local e-commerce marketplace, i'm considering these headphones and headset(s):

1. Sennheiser Epos GSP500 (currently on sale until the end of June)
  2. Hifiman HE400SE
  3. Sennheiser HD559
  4. Audio Technica GDL-3
Stretching the budget, i'm thinking of these headphones:
  1. AKG K240s
  2. Sennheiser HD560S
  3. AKG K612
I'm not going to put it through any AMPs, just straight to motherboard audio. Which one should i get? I'm kinda tempted to get Hifiman HE400SE or HD559 but some people that i've consulted said that HE400SE is pretty riddled with problems. Since i'm going to use this as gaming headphone too, imaging is quite important, but i've heard that if it's good for music it's good for gaming, how true is that?

Anyway need y'all opinion on this, thank you!

Jun 20, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 3
I used the Beyerdynamic MMX300 for years and the Sennheiser HD560S we have now are great for gaming and don't need an amplifier. Both can be found on eBay in your price range. Even the humble $10 Venture Electronics VE Monk is fun for gaming. The Final Audio VR3000 is really good if you think about IEMs. Big soundstage and privacy, easy to drive as well.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 3
I used the Beyerdynamic MMX300 for years and the Sennheiser HD560S we have now are great for gaming and don't need an amplifier. Both can be found on eBay in your price range. Even the humble $10 Venture Electronics VE Monk is fun for gaming. The Final Audio VR3000 is really good if you think about IEMs. Big soundstage and privacy, easy to drive as well.
So out of all those options, the 560S is the most viable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back