Anti noise canceling?
Feb 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spillages

Head-Fier
So, I work in a noisy environment, being able to hear what is going on around me is my biggest priority. I usually just have one bud in at a time but at times I still can't hear what is going on. Maybe someone has a solution here. Something durable as I am very active at work and is likely to come into contact with water and oil if they fall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 6
Earbuds?  Or find a highly ventalated IEM that doesn't isolate at all.  The Moshi Clarus let a lot of sound in for me, maybe that could work for you, isolation is pretty sub-par on those :p  I'd hate to say it, but Bose earbuds may also do the trick for you.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 6
Cheap earbuds are probably the way to go. You need:
- No isolation
- Can be dropped into oil/water

In the absence of something expensive and durable, I think you might as well go with stuff that's so cheap you won't be fussed if it gets broken.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 6
Go Here
Look in your price range
Find the LEAST isolating earphone
Buy
Enjoy

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Cheap earbuds are probably the way to go. You need:
- No isolation
- Can be dropped into oil/water

In the absence of something expensive and durable, I think you might as well go with stuff that's so cheap you won't be fussed if it gets broken.
not necessary to have the oil or water protection. That is just for clumsy times, doubt it will happen, never has. Just stating dangers. I know the computers get filled with flour and oil just floating through the air. Would hate to spend a ton and have them destroyed.

Buds or iems, makes no difference to me. now that I know the correct terminology, non isolating, what would be the best sound with the mono setup I will use with them?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 6
"Mono setup"? You mean cos you listen with one earbud in? That still leads you back to the same conclusion: you don't need great earbuds, just grab a cheap pair.

If you still want to spend more on buds that are going to be used in a dirty, hazardous environment, under conditions where you won't be able to appreciate what they can deliver (lack of isolation, one earbud in at a time), BotByte's link has more info than you could ever need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back