Any Advice on what to update to from KSC75's?
Feb 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

desmoface

100+ Head-Fier
Hey gang, been out of the Head-Fi loop for a while, and been looking to update to a little better portable headphone in the vein of the KSC-75's.  Been considering the Yuin G2A's, the iGrado's, or the Audio Technica ATH-Em7 G's.  I don't have an option to sample any of them so I have to buy on blind faith.  Does anybody have any experience with these model's?  Can you compare them to the KSC 75's?   

I will using them to listen to my Ipod, no pre-amp, just straight into the Ipod.  Mostly rock, reggae, a bit of Jazz.  I also have and enjoy the Grado SR 60's, but wouldn't mind trying something a bit different..Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Check out ljokerl's excellent review for these and many others. The Grado, Yuin & AT are in tier C.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-contest-see-post-1395-for-rules

I don't own the Grado and have never heard them. I do own the other 3. The G2A is most accurate and even sounding. The AT has a spike around 2 kHz(an approximation using my Behringer 2496 PEQ) that could be a problem if you don't have a custom EQ for correction, otherwise they have very nice mids & treble detail but have weaker bass/bass extension than the other 2. The AT looks the best IMO, but my vote goes to G2A for overall SQ. Think of the G2A as a refined KSC-75...less coloration top to bottom but not as bassy if that matters.

I like to use the Parts Express headband for the G2A which looks good and works better for quicker on & off listening. The AT looks much classier than KSC-75.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Cool, thanks for the quick reply...I just ordered that Parts Express headband for my ksc-75's and ksc35's, I have a pair of each that the clip keeps popping off of.  After looking around a bit more, I sprung for a pair of RE0's, which got rave reviews in that comparison...are you familiar with those?? Thanks again for the quick reply.

Steve

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the quick reply...I just ordered that Parts Express headband for my ksc-75's and ksc35's, I have a pair of each that the clip keeps popping off of.  After looking around a bit more, I sprung for a pair of RE0's, which got rave reviews in that comparison...are you familiar with those?? Thanks again for the quick reply.

Steve

I have owned the RE0 but sold them. I didn't like the fit and never could get the acclaimed great SQ that many other users have. It's possible that I never gave them a fair chance but at the time I had other more favorable IEMs.

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies.  I'm hoping I like the RE0's, these will be my first iem's, and I'm hoping I can get them to fit well...I'll definitely have to research the um1's, thanks for the recommendation.  If I don't like the RE0's, I figure with their popularity, I should be able to sell them here.  Thanks again for the information.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back