Any demand for this hypothetical Schiit product?
Nov 25, 2015 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
I don't need the balanced outputs. My NAIM amp accepts DIN or RCA interconnects. Too bad Schiit doesn't let you replace the XLR with DIN as an option...

Barring that would anyone be interested in a hypothetical Schiit product that is the Yiggy minus the balanced XLR outputs in a half-height / smaller footprint case for say $1750-1850?

I'd buy it.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't need the balanced outputs. My NAIM amp accepts DIN or RCA interconnects. Too bad Schiit doesn't let you replace the XLR with DIN as an option...

Barring that would anyone be interested in a hypothetical Schiit product that is the Yiggy minus the balanced XLR outputs in a half-height / smaller footprint case for say $1750-1850?

I'd buy it.

Why would they drop the price or the balanced outputs?  The quality of the circuit demands a balanced topology, so abandoning that would lower the sound quality.  Just use the RCAs.

I would certainly pay for multiple buffered outputs and a volume control.  The latter would cost a lot to implement, but would save a lot compared to a worthy preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back