Any motorcyclists in Head-Fi?
Mar 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Soundsgoodtome

Headphoneus Supremus
How many Head-fi members ride or have ridden? I have a Honda 919, solid bike that can do just about anything short of dirt bike status riding. I've taken it to trips down the coast to CA from WA. Planning on more trips but track riding sort of got in the way and it's quite a spendy hobby. I plan on doing another long ride this year hopefully, we'll see how things go.

Just wanted to make a thread specifically for riders. Cruisers, off-road, sport, touring, commuter, scooter even! Whatever you got... feel free to post! Pics if you got em

Here are a couple of 'musical' vids I've put together with riding over the past years:
Stop-motion type video (more like FF video) from WA to OR:
"Daybreak Remix" by Overwerk

Same road + Portland International Raceway video mash-up:
"Cinema Remix" Benny Bennassi"

The Ridge Motorsports Park (Shelton, WA):
"Blind Faith" Chase & Status

Most recent track day:
"Wake Me Up" Avicii ft Aloe Blacc

Here are some pics of my bike:

By Big Sur, CA on the coast

Columbia River at Vantage, WA

My avatar:

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 13
  How many Head-fi members ride or have ridden? I have a Honda 919, solid bike that can do just about anything short of dirt bike status riding. I've taken it to trips down the coast to CA from WA. Planning on more trips but track riding sort of got in the way and it's quite a spendy hobby. I plan on doing another long ride this year hopefully, we'll see how things go.

Just wanted to make a thread specifically for riders. Cruisers, off-road, sport, touring, commuter, scooter even! Whatever you got... feel free to post! Pics if you got em

Here are a couple of 'musical' vids I've put together with riding over the past years:
Stop-motion type video (more like FF video) from WA to OR:
"Daybreak Remix" by Overwerk

Same road + Portland International Raceway video mash-up:
"Cinema Remix" Benny Bennassi"

The Ridge Motorsports Park (Shelton, WA):
"Blind Faith" Chase & Status

Most recent track day:
"Wake Me Up" Avicii ft Aloe Blacc

Here are some pics of my bike:

By Big Sur, CA on the coast

Columbia River at Vantage, WA

My avatar:

This is fukin !!awesome. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 13
  This is faking awesome. 

I can assure you it's quite real, check out my YT channel for my FiiO E18 unboxing vid and match it up on the E18 thread lol
popcorn.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 13
  I can assure you it's quite real, check out my YT channel for my FiiO E18 unboxing vid and match it up on the E18 thread lol
popcorn.gif

I meant fukin!! awesome.. I didn't mean fake in any way.. :)

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 13
i was a commuter from 1979 - started with a CB400T. it was between the 6 speed honda hawk and the yamaha RD400. next up was a CB750 nighthawk. then recently a KLR650, which has been sold and now i'm bikeless. i always enjoyed watching motorcycle racing and recently watched the 2011 documentary fastest - hightlighting the 2010 motogp season with valentino rossi, etc. excellent film. always liked watching him race.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 13
Very nice! Do you ever miss riding? I can go over a winter period and then I gotta get back on. My previous were a 96 GSXR 750, 2000 Honda RC51, and now the Honda 919. I've put about 30k miles on the 919 and am pretty much sold on Honda reliability. I think I'm due for a new-to-me bike in the next 2 years.

If you haven't already, check out Isle of Mann TT: Closer To The Edge. Those guys are on another level, even more so than MotoGP. One rider compares the Tourist Trophy (TT) to track racing as the difference between riding and watching grass grow lol

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 13
Very nice! Do you ever miss riding? I can go over a winter period and then I gotta get back on. My previous were a 96 GSXR 750, 2000 Honda RC51, and now the Honda 919. I've put about 30k miles on the 919 and am pretty much sold on Honda reliability. I think I'm due for a new-to-me bike in the next 2 years.

If you haven't already, check out Isle of Mann TT: Closer To The Edge. Those guys are on another level, even more so than MotoGP. One rider compares the Tourist Trophy (TT) to track racing as the difference between riding and watching grass grow lol

every day. i'll check out that isle of mann film. for me, it all started with bruce brown's on any sunday (1971).

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #9 of 13
I had a nice VFR800 a few years back fitted with ohlins shock  on the back and uprated springs up front. I used to ride in all weathers as it was my only ride, i had a car, 20 years ago but never since then as i was an unwaged single parent for 10 years or so so getting back into work was quite hard as i had no qualifications leaving school. Now i had to sell the bike a few years ago as i was having a lot of trouble with my back, i had a disc op done 22 years ago, and couldnt work let alone afford to keep a bike. It was a sad day to see it go and i knew then i would never have a bike again.

ian

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 13

every day. i'll check out that isle of mann film. for me, it all started with bruce brown's on any sunday (1971).

Sorry, got the title wrong. Been some time since I've last seen it for the 6th time lol. It's TT3D: Closer To The Edge. There's both 3d and non-3d versions of course:

Opening 2mins of the movie:

Trailer

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #11 of 13
  I had a nice VFR800 a few years back fitted with ohlins shock  on the back and uprated springs up front. I used to ride in all weathers as it was my only ride, i had a car, 20 years ago but never since then as i was an unwaged single parent for 10 years or so so getting back into work was quite hard as i had no qualifications leaving school. Now i had to sell the bike a few years ago as i was having a lot of trouble with my back, i had a disc op done 22 years ago, and couldnt work let alone afford to keep a bike. It was a sad day to see it go and i knew then i would never have a bike again.

ian

I did the 100% motorcycle through the rain and cold back in 2011. While it was nice to ride year-round, the constant cleaning and being soaked at work sort of wore on. Now the bike takes a charge and cover for 3 months a year. I'm going to keep riding and enjoying the moments until I can no longer throw a leg over. My 919 was stock for it's earlier years with me, bought it back in 09. I did a Hagon shock for the rear 2 years ago along with racetech springs for the forks, all dialed in by track tuners for my weight. Just last year I threw on a Penske adjustable and boy what a difference ($800 later of course...lol). I've yet to try race slicks but the whole heat cycle and tire-warmer thing just seems to much.

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 13
I also have a CB900F Hornet
wink.gif
Great bike for sure, does everything you need it to!

beerchug.gif
One of the most satisfying bikes out there. It's too bad we don't get the selection that Europe and other parts of the world gets as far as naked bikes go.

Wait....where are you located? Hornet is the out of USA name lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back