Any portable radio fans here?
Mar 18, 2007 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered the Sangean DT-200VX Pocket Radio FM-Stereo AM/TV Audio Digital Tuning, 19 random presets, 90 minute auto shutoff, Battery power indicator, Stereo / Mono / Speaker Switch, My Favorite Selection, Deep Bass Boost, Removable Belt Clip.
I had the 200v but this is a newer and better model. It also has a very strong headphone output. 30 m/w per channel I think.

http://salestores.com/stores/images/...47/DT200VX.jpg

Mar 18, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 9
My favorite; although I've had others since, was my first true portable. It was a Zenith 7-transistor unit that was bigger and better than my little brothers 5-transistor radio.

I think it was either 1957 or 58. It had a much more modern and more durable form of plastic case than my earlier tube models.

....no good stations around here to make it worthwhile getting a new one though. High quality phone jacks or not.

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 9
How do you like your DT-200VX (especially in comparison to other portable AM/FM radios you've had in the past)?

What is the best AM/FM portable out there now, in terms of sensitivity and selectivity?

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 9
I don't have anything decent right now, but I'm definitely interested in acquiring a good pocket radio sometime. There's a few good radio stations around here, and it would be nice to be able to listen to them on the go from time to time.

The difficulty, though, is knowing where to look for high quality stuff. However, these Sangean radios have definitely caught my eye.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 9
I love radio and one of the best pickups of mine here in Japan has been to buy little portable radios that have a single ear piece (thats wound internally) and a small speaker. They easily fit in the palm of your hand. They're very light and the battery life goes on and on. I should snap a pic and post it here. I have never seen anything like them in Canada. The little speaker is low-fi but is surprisingly characterful.

Aug 27, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 9
I have a sony SRF-M97 that I enjoy a lot. Supposedly its AM tuner is not the greatest but I find it just fine for NFL football and NBA hoops games. I've read a lot of good things about those sangean units though.

dscn71838kv.jpg

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 9
Currently I have three portable radios, from the small Sony SRF-S83 (modded by Dr. Xin) to my Zenith Trans-Oceanic 3000. Here are some pictures, click on the thumbnail to view the full size picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back