Velodyne vPulse
Fischer Audio Consonance
V-Sonic GR06
thinksound ms01
Creative Aurvana 2
Maybe…
V-Sonic GR07
Shure SE315

I have tried the Klipsch Image S4i and I’m particularly impressed with its hard hitting bass and sound isolation. However, I would prefer an earphone that takes it a step further with slightly more exaggerated and defined bass not only at the low end. I have told by some people that I need an earphone concentrated on flat frequency response but I am still not sure as what this is exactly. I mostly listen to electro/house/dance music with many segments of bass incorporated in it. This is why I’m particular on defined and hard hitting bass more than deep bass. I’m not specific on comfort or durabilty as I only will be using it with my iPhone at home. Although I prefer a mic. /remote, I don’t mind not having one.

COULD YOU PLEASE RECOMMEND EARPHONES THAT I HAVE MENTIONED AND SOME OTHERS THAT MAY BE SUITED TO ME.? MY BUDGET IS $100. I MAY CONSIDER SPENDING UP TO $150 IF I FIND A GOOD (WORTH IT) EARPHONE.

Some additional information just so you know what I like and what I’m fussy about,
These are the earphones that I have had before and what I had thought of them.
Skullcandy FMJ (Dislike because of lousy bass and over exaggerated treble)
Tour Beats by Dre (Ok… but I am looking for more bass in all aspects not only at a certain area like mid-range in this case)
iBeats (Dislike because of soft bass and un noticeable changes when volume is increased)
JVC Extreme Explosive HA-FX3X (Dislike the most because of “untrue” bass effect. The bass sounds very fake and equalized when it hasn’t. Fails to achieve deep bass.)

[size=11.0pt]Thank you all in advance for taking the time to reply to reply to my query. [/size]

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 7
Start here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-256-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-20-r-30-added-09-29-12

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 7
^^^^^ I already read the above link. I am looking for comparisons from other people and owners since it's best not to have a one sided view. If anyone could give more of their personal opinion with some  comparison graphs, that would be nice.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 7
I guess I can't help much then, I did follow the vPulse for a bit though and the consensus was that the bass was excellent without being too overwhelming. Velodyne knows bass.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 7
^^^^^That's a perfect example of something I'm looking for, but I see that there are many different versions available? How do they compare against the Klipsch s4i, Shure SE215, thinksound ms01, Vsonic GR07?
Does the discount price apply for the hall of fame edition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back