Any recommendations for introspective hip-hop?
Mar 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nealric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a refreshing change from the standard "I'm better than all the other MCs" drivel you hear in hip hop.

I wouldnt listen to an artist that doesnt think their the best. If they dont even think that why should I bother listening if theres better out there. I like cocky & confident, no wuss MCs over here... Im not knockin any artists in this thread most are actually legends.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #20 of 22
Aesop Rock - Labour Days (with great "Daylight")
dalek - Abandoned Language
The Roots - Game Theory
Mos Def -Ecstatic

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldnt listen to an artist that doesnt think their the best. If they dont even think that why should I bother listening if theres better out there. I like cocky & confident, no wuss MCs over here... Im not knockin any artists in this thread most are actually legends.

I think he just meant he doesnt want any gangster rap.

Daedalus, Flying lotus, Jdilla, Dj Krush, Dj shadow, blue skyblack death(really good imo), amon tobin, and the knux to just get you started.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #22 of 22
Blackalicious....more notably, NIA. AWESOME album. A classic in my eyes. Gift of Gab and Chief Xcel were crazy together.

Add to that some Deltron 3030, and Del's solo Both Sides of the Brain. Those three albums came out at around the same time (2000ish).

More recently, I'd say anything by Atmosphere, or Felt (though the third installment hardly came close to the second or even first)....

I'm not much into the hip-hop anymore, but was a huge fan of underground and mid 90's stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back