Any recommendations for the best portable amp for Beyer T5p?
Apr 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xanlamin

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, anybody can recommend a portable amp for T5p? I tried SR71B today, and the pairing is great and better than Practical Devices XM6.

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 2
Do you need just an amp or a USB DAC and amp combo? I haven't tried many amps, but I pair mine with the Graham Slee Voyager that I used (and still do) with a pair of Shure SE530's. I think the GS Voyager does make the T5p sound much more lively than if you had run them off an iDevice directly. Before I settled on re-using my Voyager, I did check out several USB DAC/amp combos from Headamp Pico and RSA Predator. I ended up not spending money on either of those and still preferred using the Voyager. Both the Pico and Predator were not bad, but just lacked the musicality and liveliness of the Voyager. The Pico is more neutral, but I felt it was too analytical for my tastes. The Predator is more colored, and it wasn't in the color that appealed to me. Strictly personal preference I guess. Granted both the Predator and Voyager are warm amps, but the Voyager has the warmth and extra dynamism that makes you tap your feet with the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back