Anyone in Orlando/UCF area on here?
Jan 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Johnsonr520

Head-Fier
I know this should probably go in another section but I am just wondering if anyone in this area is active on this site since I have not met any other audiophiles or head-fi'ers around here. It would be cool to meet someone with other full size headphones to try.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:
In off kirkman by universal. All I have is my mad dog setup though, I'm a broke audiophile haha

yea thats not too far from me. I am a little closer to the waterford and east colonial area. I am a broke audiophile too, sorta. Not that I'm broke, I just use my little money on waaaay too many hobbies. Guitars, electronics, audio, gaming, etc. Adds up real quick. Audio wise I have a modded sennheiser hd201, sennheiser hd 558, and a Fiio e7. By the end of the week I will have some custom cables and a surround sound emulator. If you ever need some mods or custom cables made though let me know.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
I know this should probably go in another section but I am just wondering if anyone in this area is active on this site since I have not met any other audiophiles or head-fi'ers around here. It would be cool to meet someone with other full size headphones to try.

I'm in Gainesville, 2 hours away.

I work weekend nights, and I go to school. But I would be down for a Wednesday some time.

I would bring some balanced Hifimans, Denons, Beyers, etc, on tube-dac and speaker amp equipment probably.

Very best,

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

I'm in Gainesville, 2 hours away.

I work weekend nights, and I go to school. But I would be down for a Wednesday some time.

I would bring some balanced Hifimans, Denons, Beyers, etc, on tube-dac and speaker amp equipment probably.

Very best,

I have not built up my collection that much yet : / sadly. Hopefully in the next couple months I will build a tube amp and hopefully buy some he-400s or hd650. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 12
Right here. :D

About 10 minutes north of OIA. On Goldenrod, just past the Curry Ford intersection.

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #9 of 12
I'm in seminole county , I don't have a whole lot of gear; some circa 1999 japanese issue sony MDR 7506s , a pair of sony MDR 7510s & a standard gain O2 amp built by jds labs , I'm pretty interested to get a pair of mad dogs in the future tho

Quote:
In off kirkman by universal. All I have is my mad dog setup though, I'm a broke audiophile haha

beyondthepale35 ; I'm curious what version of mad dogs do you have & what you drive them with ?

May 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 12
It'd be nice having some other audiophiles to talk to in person, though I'm pretty much downgrading my setup for simplicity, and got rid of stuff most people would have loved to try like the LCD2.

May 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #11 of 12
Didnt realize this thread was on the top page haha. I would like to try out some better amps sometime just to see what/if Im missing anything, Im sure if we really tried we could get some people together in this area. All I have is a HD650 setup now though so nothing too exotic.

May 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
I'm in seminole county , I don't have a whole lot of gear; some circa 1999 japanese issue sony MDR 7506s , a pair of sony MDR 7510s & a standard gain O2 amp built by jds labs , I'm pretty interested to get a pair of mad dogs in the future tho

beyondthepale35 ; I'm curious what version of mad dogs do you have & what you drive them with ?

I had the Dog Pads version before I sold them, driving them with a CKKIII. I dont think the synergy was too great, I felt like they needed more power and wasn't really blown away by them. Definitely like the CKKIII better with my 650, but Im going to upgrade to a Crack soon once funds permit. But they were some of the best sounding closed cans Ive tried, just be sure you have something with enough juice to drive them, I think they're harder to drive than most people let on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back