Anyone out there riding motorcycles?
Jun 26, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 3
I have a Shoei GT Air helmet and my brother bought me a Sena SMH10R bluetooth headset system to go with it. For about a year and a half I used the standard speaker drivers that come with it. They sounded like crap, were harsh, had no bass since they're just free floating and the wind noise is still there 100% of course. So to overcome the background noise & wind I had to turn up the volume to excessive levels.. Definitely sucked, but was better than no music at all.

Recently I purchased some Westone 78400 Adventure Series Alpha IEM's and this has been game changing for me! Now I have good SQ, full bass as well as full noise isolation. Riding on NorCal roads while listening to high quality music has bordered on religious experience, lol. The major negative is that you have to deal with the ceremony of seating them properly in your ears and not disturbing that when you slide your helmet on. Every single time.

So ideally the helmet itself would have full-on over the ear cups with good drivers built right into the shell. We've been talking about modifying an old helmet to make a proof of concept. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back