Anyone tried Alesis Elevate 5?
Jan 24, 2014 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vhatp

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I am curious about the new Alesis Elevate 5 nearfield monitors.
They have pretty nice paper specs. but no reviews after some months of real world use.

I am looking for decent speakers mainly for listening to music at PC or in the bedroom and for some hobby recording occasionally. I would label myself an hobby audiophile, but I am no audio engineer and the room reflects this cruelly.
Therefore, I appreciate a more-or-less flat response and clear, articulate sound including the mid-low area. I may try to use the speakers in set with my Phil Jones Bass BG-100 amp instead of a subwoofer, which my neighbours would kill me for.

I was keen about the M-Audio AV 40 II, but their life span reputation is rather unacceptable. Am I right?
Next, there is that ultra cheap and well-reviewed Kurzweil KS 40a, but how does it compare to the Alesis?

These Alesis' parameters catch my eyes primarily: front bass-reflex, 5'' woofer, bi-amped.

But how does it perform after some time? Has somebody heared it? Is it quiet without signal? Is it reliable? Who knows...?

Thanks for any hints or experience.

May 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Wow....no one has tried these yet?

I was just looking at them and they seem like a lot of "bang for the buck". Amazon reviews are very favorable but........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back