Anything substantially better than PX100? MS-1?
Nov 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RatFarm

100+ Head-Fier
I am thrilled with the Senn PX100 + Ipod Classic 120GB combo. I keep reading recommendations for MS-1s. How much better are the MS-1 than the PX100s? In what way are they better in the comparison between the two? Are the MS-1s as portable as the PX100s? (I haven't seen the MS-1s first hand).

Price catagory <$125.

Thx.

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're nowhere near as portable.

As for SQ comparison, if nobody else responds, I could give you one in maybe a week's time, when I get my MS1s.

It appears from the pictures that the MS-1s are similar to Grado SR60i? Yes, please let us know how you like the MS-1s!
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 5
The MS1 are definitely not nearly as portable as the PX100. Nor are they anywhere near as comfortable (for me) and they leak even more sound out into your surroundings. I don't really consider Grados portable besides their new IEMs and the iGrados.

Nov 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MS1 are definitely not nearly as portable as the PX100. Nor are they anywhere near as comfortable (for me) and they leak even more sound out into your surroundings. I don't really consider Grados portable besides their new IEMs and the iGrados.

Thx. I guess the PX100s are the best option for now (not that I'm unhappy with them by any means).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back