aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Aug 16, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #1,456 of 2,173
Is the Creative BT-W5 still considered the best option?

The most appealing feature is the aptX adaptive low latency profile. I don't know if any others support this? (ie. not aptX LL, but aptX adaptive turned for low latency)

Aug 16, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,457 of 2,173

The most appealing feature is the aptX adaptive low latency profile. I don't know if any others support this? (ie. not aptX LL, but aptX adaptive turned for low latency)
The DG60P has a low latency and high quality modes as well, instead they're called "Game/Music".

Aug 17, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #1,459 of 2,173

I like BT-W5 a lot,especially the great sound quality , wide soundstage , good treble and amazing sub bass and bass on Aptx adaptive HQ mode

But there are also many users experienced cracks sound problems with it , and this can be very annoying

I connect it to my PC (win10)through USB2.0 port and no cracks issues,suggest try it first with own device before purchace , if demo available

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,460 of 2,173
I like BT-W5 a lot,especially the great sound quality , wide soundstage , good treble and amazing sub bass and bass on Aptx adaptive HQ mode

But there are also many users experienced cracks sound problems with it , and this can be very annoying

I connect it to my PC (win10)through USB2.0 port and no cracks issues,suggest try it first with own device before purchace , if demo available

I have used my BT-W5 on my MacBook, PC, iPad mini 6 and Android and it has worked on all of these. There are no control apps for iOS or Android, but it works fine - although there's no way to switch HQ or LL (that I know of). Be aware that you have to use Windows for firmware updates as the Mac app doesn't have that option.

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #1,462 of 2,173
The annoying thing is Creative App is available on Android, but it does not support the Dongles only the G and X series Soundcards but no doubt they could add it easy enough.

That's similar to iOS, there is a Creative app but it doesn't support the dongle... I don't need LL or HFP for my use case (Music only), but it would be nice to have the options. It's possible that HFP works, although I haven't tried. It defaults to Adaptive HQ (purple light) with my FiiO FW5, which works for me.

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #1,464 of 2,173
I have used my BT-W5 on my MacBook, PC, iPad mini 6 and Android and it has worked on all of these. There are no control apps for iOS or Android, but it works fine - although there's no way to switch HQ or LL (that I know of). Be aware that you have to use Windows for firmware updates as the Mac app doesn't have that option.
Useful information,Thanks :)

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,466 of 2,173
Seems like the DG60P is back in stock in Europe.
Giving this a try tomorrow as cheaper in the U.S and it’s a tad older so hopefully software is more reliable than the creative one. I am getting a Bang Olufsen EX (for workouts and daily on the go) to use with it.

Aug 20, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #1,468 of 2,173
Any follow up?Thanks
Just tried it on my iPhone 13 Pro - using too much power so that’s a no go it seems using Apple’s own adapter. I’ll try on my laptop later

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #1,469 of 2,173
Just tried it on my iPhone 13 Pro - using too much power so that’s a no go it seems using Apple’s own adapter. I’ll try on my laptop later
Thanks a lot :)

These bluetooth transmitter draw power quite a lot,could use a adaptor with an extra power supply usb slot,but will become bulky

Looking fwd your review about laptop with it

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #1,470 of 2,173
Thanks a lot :)

These bluetooth transmitter draw power quite a lot,could use a adaptor with an extra power supply usb slot,but will become bulky

Looking fwd your review about laptop with it
Well, it works - but the lack of software makes it hard - also, seeing that the update to allow higher resolution... they didn't update the manual, so it says I should see pink for X codec and Y for another, and I see purple, white and blue - so that's clear as mud. I have to find some high res albums to test as I think I heard a difference.. but it could also be the B&O EX doesn't bring out that many differences. For my Hifiman Svanar wireless, I can hear a difference when I switch from my mac to my sony walkman - but that could also be DC on the sony walkman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back