aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Aug 24, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #1,471 of 2,173
I should be receiving my DG60P today, let's hope there's no issues.

Edit: first impressions seems fine, goo sound quality, no latency in game, very very slight increase in music mode. On PS5 e defaults to mic mode, you have to hit the button on the side twice to go into normal mode. On pc this doesn't happen probably because i have another proper mic as the default input.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #1,473 of 2,173
How does mic input quality goes with these dongles? Could it be used for conference calls with the right headset/bluetooth adapter?
Not sure if the Mic on the Momentum 4 is that good, but it genuinely sounds pretty nice! Also, the switching beetween hands free mode and "normal" mode is pretty quick and hassle free.

Tested the latency with CS:Source, my go to for these kind of tests. In gaming mode is immediate/instantaneous, in music mode there's a very slight delay, I could imagine someone who isn't as bothered using this mode. I'll use gaming mode 90% of the time since I can't hear a difference in quality beetween modes with flac files and foobar.

On PC, as far as I can tell, there's no cracking or skips or anything and it sounds really nice.

So far, it seems to be the better one of these kind of dongles. Unfortunately, there's no software to choose the codec used, I have no need for that, but I can imagine it would be very useful for some people.
I'm talking about the DG60P, btw.

EDIT: at least in low latency mode, it has terrible range, worse than BT-W5 which is surprising.

EDIT #2: Seems like the antena direction is extremely sensitive. By turn it to outside of the room, I get a much better range.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #1,475 of 2,173
How far are we talking here when you say bad range? I can go ~20ft with walls in either direction with no issues with my DG60P. My PC is centralized in the house and I can pretty much go anywhere.
It seems that the antenna is very sensitive, I had to have pointed out of the room I'm in.

EDIT: turns out I had the antenna wrongly attached and it wasn't connecting to anything inside the dongle.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #1,476 of 2,173
I use the Sennheiser BTD 600 on my work laptop with Focal Bathys and am perfectly happy with the result.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,477 of 2,173
What are the differences between the Creative BT-W5 and the DG60P?

I've already purchased the BT-W5 but I'm looking for a second adapter and the BT-W5 is a bit expensive... ($50) but maybe it's worth it over the other dongles?

I'm mostly concerned about low latency... (aptX adaptive w/low latency mode)

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #1,482 of 2,173
Sorry, but I have another question...

I'm using the BT-W5 which shows support for 'aptX High Quality' with 24 bit and up-to 96 kHz. However, when I connect it to the Qudelix 5K it only shows 48 kHz.

I've made sure that the BT-W5 is using 'High Quality' (using the Creative app).

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #1,483 of 2,173
Assume that is Android, if so, Android is hard locked at a driver level to 24/48 for some insane reason and the likes of USB audio Player /Netron Player get around it by using a 3rd party driver.

That said I can get past in in PowerAmp via Bluetooth (LDAC always did work at 24/96) in DAC mode with my dongle, but this was not the case a while back.

Also, the settings do not keep on the devices if you set on say Windows and connect the dongle to same earbuds on say a TV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back