Are Berdynamic headphones all just die fast ? DT990 600ohms
Jul 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #18 of 23
It's very obvious that the housings of DT990 pro and preimum are different. 
Also I read on some other forums that Pro line and Premium line use different damping materials. 
Both are supposed to be good headphones, having not compared them together I won't make my judgment here. 

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 23
Sorry, I was referring to 880 only. I have no experience of 990. 880 is definitely the same phone other than cord and clamping pressure, whatever other forums may say.

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #20 of 23
  Sorry, I was referring to 880 only. I have no experience of 990. 880 is definitely the same phone other than cord and clamping pressure, whatever other forums may say.

Cool. It does seem to me that the 880 pro and premium use same housing and all. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 23
The premium model?  Disassemble the black blocks at the ends of the headband and you can take the headband pad off easily.  The plastic part of the pad is little ridges that lock together like a ziplock bag.

I don't know about modifications for this particular headphone, though.  What kind of change in sound did you want?

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #23 of 23
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of not knowing what you are talking about. I am not well informed in the Beyer headphone department and tried to look for DT990 Pros after I read your comment and there are no other references to a 600 ohm Pro on Head-Fi.

I was just curious if these were some kind of hodge podge, or if they were legit, but rare.

The 600 ohm variants in the Pro lineup are discontinued models from years ago. I have a pair of the DT770s like this from a recording studio that purchased a bunch of them in the early 90s I believe. I have not been able to find out when they were officially discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back