Are my headphones broken?
Feb 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

prix

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, my first post here. Have been a reader of the forum for some time but now I feelt the need too make a post 
tongue_smile.gif

What I'm using is a AudioEngine D1 with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms.

I've had some problems with my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms. I got them like 2 months ago and some week ago they started too sound awfull, like a broken speaker (left side). It was horrific. But anyway, I softly stroke the inside of the left headphone wich was the issue, and after that they sounded good again.

But now, I sat down and listen some and started hearing strange things. I don't know if it's in the music or the headphones that make it sound awfull.

I uploaded a sample file too my server so I could ask you guys if this sounds as bad for you as it does for me. I don't know all the terms in the audio world but the highs are like clipping or something, it just sounds rly rly bad.

Sample file: http://blaskad.com/sample.flac

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Drivers in the DT770/880 headphones do occasionally malfunction and need to sent for repair - this sounds like your problem. I tried the music but thought it would be a recording of your headphones in action, rather than a sample of the original song - this is not much use, but we couldn't detect any clipping here. Contact the outlet where you bought them or the distributor/service place in your country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back