Are my Shure SE535s working as intended?
Apr 19, 2011 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GamaH

New Head-Fier
I recently (as in last week) purchased a pair of Shure SE535s to replace my SE530s which had stopped working due to the cable connection being terrible.

The sound is great, the fit is great, and everything seems good, except for the fact that the RIGHT side occasionally loses sound or makes a second or so of shuffling noise. I checked to see if it was due to the fact that maybe the cable wasn't properly connected, but it is (I heard the click, as I should).

The left side of the earphones work perfectly without a hitch; no shuffling, no loss of sound, nothing, even when I fiddle with the cables. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to replicate the problem. I've tried tapping the cables (lightly of course), fiddling with it, rotating them (they can swivel at the earpiece), and nothing seems to happen.

The part that has me slightly confused though, is that I bought a second pair of SE535s (in a different color, from a different retailer) but it has the exact same problem. The right side (AGAIN), *occasionally* loses sound for a second or so, or shuffles. However, when I try do the same movements that 'caused' the problem on another occasion, it doesn't replicate. Once again, the left side works like a charm. Bear in mind that these both are brand new, are of a different color, purchased from a different retailer, and the side that has this issue is the RIGHT earpiece for both.

Also, such, I'm wondering whether the interference could be due to any electromagnetic pulses from my body or whatnot.

Has anyone else encountered this? To that end, it's not really the same shuffling sound as when cables are "spoiled," and I've even tried rotating the cables to see if the problem could be replicated (and from previous experience, [such as it is with my SE530s], if it was really a connection problem, the sound should be affected during the rotation; it isn't).

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 4
could be part of some music you listen to which is why you cant replicate it, try replaying all the music you listened to earlier. its a long shot but ive been duped before by a song lol

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
could be part of some music you listen to which is why you cant replicate it, try replaying all the music you listened to earlier. its a long shot but ive been duped before by a song lol

Yeah, it's happened to me before as well, but it's *definitely* not the song.

Edit: I've tried it from a different source too (PC, Mac, and iPod) and I still have a temporary (split second or so) loss of sound on my right earpiece. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back