are the mids in the Edition 8 recessed?
Sep 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

daniel521

500+ Head-Fier
Im planning on upgrading my ath-m50 for a better closed can. One problem I frequently encountered with the m50 is that the mids were way too recessed. This caused me to turn up the volume, causing the treble to be too harsh and they hurt my ears. Does the edition 8 suffer from the same problem. How are the mids and the treble? How do the mids compare to the ath-m50's mids?

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Also, I would like to add that i will be using it with a fiio e17 which has a treble control switch, will that hopefully make the mids more present since its not overshadowed by the treble anymore?

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't find the mid range recessed at all. The bass is a bit more than some other phones I've listened to but it doesn't overshadow the mid range in my opinion. Other ears may hear it differently.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I don't find the mid range recessed at all. The bass is a bit more than some other phones I've listened to but it doesn't overshadow the mid range in my opinion. Other ears may hear it differently.

When did you buy it? It seems that the earlier ones had a more forward midrange while the recent ones have a more recessed midrange. When did you buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back