Are there downsides in using L Tips over M sized IEM Tips if both fit?
Apr 3, 2021 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bizkid

1000+ Head-Fier
I was wondering this for some time: I can get a good fit with both M and L size tips but L always feels more secure and both sizes seem to hold well in my ear. However the L size still gives me more confidence for whatever reason. I couldnt detect any differences in sound either with the 3-4 IEMs i had till now but i'm really bad on remembering how things sounded 2-3 minutes ago unless there are major changes. I wonder is there any downside to use L tips over M tips if both fit and seal?

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 3
I was wondering this for some time: I can get a good fit with both M and L size tips but L always feels more secure and both sizes seem to hold well in my ear. However the L size still gives me more confidence for whatever reason. I couldnt detect any differences in sound either with the 3-4 IEMs i had till now but i'm really bad on remembering how things sounded 2-3 minutes ago unless there are major changes. I wonder is there any downside to use L tips over M tips if both fit and seal?
Trust your own ear and feeling.

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #3 of 3
I used to use the Sensaphonics seal test to choose the tip that fit me the best way back in the day to determine the best seal. Nowadays I do it by ear with music. If you can't hear the differences, I wouldn't worry about it. It may be useful to see what other characteristics the tips may play a role in, like passive isolation and microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back