Are these real IE7's? (IE7 owners, please see photo)
Aug 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ajreynol

100+ Head-Fier
Topic.

...and photo:

ie7s.jpg

These are being sold through the Amazon store and shipping out of California. I asked the seller to snap a picture of them for me since they were being sold as new, but missing the box.

They ship as pictured with no box.

Their return policy is standard (30 days not happy, return), but obviously I can save some time if they're not real in the first place. So I'm calling on your discerning eyes.

What say ye?

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 11
Those use to sell on ebay for really cheap and it only comes with only 3 sizes of tips. The originals come with a lot of different tips and sizes. There also will be no warranty from Sennheiser. Did they say what happened to the metal case and the packaging? I would say that they are fake.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 11
No, I hadn't inquired about the box. I will now.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
\Did they say what happened to the metal case and the packaging?

"The metal case is lost."

yes, that was the entire reply.
popcorn.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 11
well like the old saying goes "if it sounds too good to be true..."

Notice how the photo they took as well does a poor job of revealing the little details in the product, gonna have to say its fake as MJ's nose.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 11
The picture isn't clear enough to really tell. The right-angle plug looks opaque to me. Real IE7's have a clearish plug. I bought a pair of fake ones before my authentics and that was a major difference that should be able to be spotted from a good picture.

I really would just buy a pair that you know is real to have peace at mind and probably save time and energy.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #10 of 11
I just bought a pair from a store from Amazon.com from a supplier store last week. I got a huge box, with a smaller box inside, a bunch of tips, cleaning tool and something else (I forget) for $169. So I would have to say that isn't a real IE7. I know the store that's selling on Amazon.com this week isn't the same store that supplied mine. And I went and looked up the store that supplied mine and they are showing all IE7s (and IE8s) out of stock now. I wouldn't trust it.

EricP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back