Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Nov 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #827 of 2,994
Quote:
Recently have been listening to lots of FictionJunction and their subgroups (mostly FictionJunction YUUKA) lol

I still listen to FictionJunction and especially Kalafina.  Enjoy most of what Yuki Kajiura works on, since she usually creates a good pairing with vocalists and violin. 

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #829 of 2,994
FictionJunction are great! Though I got the stone cold album, and it has a very shrill frequency during the chorus, wondering if that's a production flaw. Would like to see Yukka collaborate with Yuki again in the future :)

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #830 of 2,994

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #833 of 2,994
Originally Posted by deadlylover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think asian music is very popular here because it tends to be poorly recorded and very bright, which doesn't mesh well with most high end gear.

Doesn't stop me though, I love it ^^.

It really felt like that, in 2010 / 2011.

I remember comments like "I even see some people now buying audiophile gear now whom listen to J-pop
confused_face.gif
"

Now it feels like half of the audiophile market are J-pop lovers or something lol.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #834 of 2,994
Quote:

I remember comments like "I even see some people now buying audiophile gear now whom listen to J-pop
confused_face.gif
"

Now it feels like half of the audiophile market are J-pop lovers or something lol.

Personally, I find the claim that Asian music is mixed too bright completely unfounded. I don't know what those people listen to, but I've been listening to Asian music (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean) since the 80's, and I also listen to a ton of music from the west, and there's no evidence to support one is brighter than the other. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #835 of 2,994
Quote:
Quote:

confused_face.gif
"

Personally, I find the claim that Asian music is mixed too bright completely unfounded. I don't know what those people listen to, but I've been listening to Asian music (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean) since the 80's, and I also listen to a ton of music from the west, and there's no evidence to support one is brighter than the other. 

I wouldn't say bright per se either, but I do tend to avoid J-pop because I can't stand those unnatural-sounding, high-pitched female voices. My brother listens to that music all the time....can...not...stand...it...at...all. T_T
I mean, the anime is good an all, but those voices sound SO fake. My parents can't stand listening to that stuff either because they think they sound like grade school students.

^ *facepalm*

Quote:
MC Hotdog is interesting to listen too. and if you understand some of the things he is saying its pretty funny

Yay MC Hotdog!

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #836 of 2,994
Quote:
I wouldn't say bright per se either, but I do tend to avoid J-pop because I can't stand those unnatural-sounding, high-pitched female voices. My brother listens to that music all the time....can...not...stand...it...at...all. T_T
I mean, the anime is good an all, but those voices sound SO fake. My parents can't stand listening to that stuff either because they think they sound like grade school students.

That's just one segment of J-pop though. There are plenty of female Japanese singers who don't sing in that "buriko" style. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #837 of 2,994
Quote:

confused_face.gif
"

J-pop and J-rock recordings got so much better in the past few years.  I decided to become an audiophile because of J-Rock. Didn't really respect music that much before that.
Quote:
Anyone experiences sibilance in fripSide's "Only My Railgun", especially BA200 users?

Lots of the Anime OP recordings before 2012 have this problem, its gotten much better, but it's still quite bad compared to mainstream J-Rock and J-pop. I really liked the second SAO opening, but the recording was so bad that I thought something went wrong with my HD800. I love Only My Railgun btw, but it just sounds bad with high-end gear. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #838 of 2,994
Well what do ya know! I sign up for head-fi to ask questions about headphones and I end up finding a vibrant Asian music community :3

Here's a list of my favorite artists (that you should definitely check out!):

4minute
2NE1
Aldious
Black List
COPPU
Dazzle Vision
e.via
ecosystem
exist+trace
f(x)
FLiP
Gil Me
Gummy
itsue
KARA
LIL
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
miss A
Miss S
Nine Muses
RAMPANT
Rania
Rimi
SCANDAL
Shigi
T-ARA
UPLIFT SPICE
Wonder Girls
Yasuha Kominami
Yellow Machinegun
YEYO
Yousei Teikoku

I might as well ask here rather than another part of the forums (considering you all have experience with Korean/Japanese music)
Would the DT880 + FiiO E17 be a good combination for listening to Asian pop, rock, metal, soft piano songs, and rap? [essentially a wide range of music!]
Thanks for any help!

PS: Is this thread mostly for discussing anime music? I noticed in the OP they mentioned jpopsuki, and I'd love to add other head-fi'ers to my friends list and compare music!~

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #839 of 2,994
Quote:
Well what do ya know! I sign up for head-fi to ask questions about headphones and I end up finding a vibrant Asian music community :3

4minute
2NE1
Aldious
Black List
COPPU
Dazzle Vision
e.via
ecosystem
exist+trace
f(x)
FLiP
Gil Me
Gummy
itsue
KARA
LIL
miss A
Miss S
Nine Muses
RAMPANT
Rania
Rimi
SCANDAL
Shigi
T-ARA
UPLIFT SPICE
Wonder Girls
Yasuha Kominami
Yellow Machinegun
YEYO
Yousei Teikoku

I might as well ask here rather than another part of the forums (considering you all have experience with Korean/Japanese music)
Would the DT880 + FiiO E17 be a good combination for listening to Asian pop, rock, metal, soft piano songs, and rap? [essentially a wide range of music!]
Thanks for any help!

PS: Is this thread mostly for discussing anime music? I noticed in the OP they mentioned jpopsuki, and I'd love to add other head-fi'ers to my friends list and compare music!~

maybe with 250 ohm version,you could try the E17 thread in portable amp section, a reply will be fast

how long have you listened to exist-trace?

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #840 of 2,994
Quote:

4minute
2NE1
Aldious
Black List
COPPU
Dazzle Vision
e.via
ecosystem
exist+trace
f(x)
FLiP
Gil Me
Gummy
itsue
KARA
LIL
miss A
Miss S
Nine Muses
RAMPANT
Rania
Rimi
SCANDAL
Shigi
T-ARA
UPLIFT SPICE
Wonder Girls
Yasuha Kominami
Yellow Machinegun
YEYO
Yousei Teikoku

Thanks for any help!

I went to Dazzle Vision and exist+trace's concerts at Sakura-Con 2009 and 2011 respectively...not my favourite kind of music, but cool to see in-person.
As for anime music, I heard the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 is a fairly good choice as it does vocals really well (I personally haven't heard it before).

P.S. Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back