ASIO plugin Niiice
Oct 10, 2007 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jh4db536

500+ Head-Fier
i always had a "ASIO capable" sound card (b-inspirer) but i didn't know how to make it work or what it did. i thought foobar2000 had it on by default. guess my direct sound was making it sound bad.

i just realized that one has to download the output plugin and turn it on for ASIO to work.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 8

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 8
ASIO does not make a big difference at all if you have directsound set up properly and the sound card is not doing any resampling.

However, on sound cards that would otherwise do internal resampling or have all kinds of software DSPs that are hard, awkward or impossible to disable, then it makes a huge difference.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ASIO does not make a big difference at all if you have directsound set up properly and the sound card is not doing any resampling.

However, on sound cards that would otherwise do internal resampling or have all kinds of software DSPs that are hard, awkward or impossible to disable, then it makes a huge difference.

Sorry for bringing up a kinda dead thread, but I'd LOVE to see some guidance to how to set up directsound. Can you gimme me/us pointers or maybe link to a guide you've relied on?

Jan 22, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lromlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for bringing up a kinda dead thread, but I'd LOVE to see some guidance to how to set up directsound. Can you gimme me/us pointers or maybe link to a guide you've relied on?

Check the link in my signature. Just use DS as output plug-in instead of ASIO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back