Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000 Carriable Headphone Amp
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #586 of 621
Looks like a good charger, would be nice if manufactures include the right spec $$%% charger for the device they are selling at these price points.

Do you have a phone charger you could try when it needs charging next time to see if there is any difference in heat? We can rule out the Baseus charger if the same overheating happens with a 10w-25w phone charger.
I have tried an old Samsung phone charger - the same "issue."
The ca1000 becomes pretty hot in around 20 minutes after connecting.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #587 of 621
Hi Guys, Is this device supposed to be so slow? Especially with Qobuz. Loading and scrolling lags very much. Starting a song can take some time and sometimes audio stutters after first booting the device up.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #588 of 621
I have tried an old Samsung phone charger - the same "issue."
The ca1000 becomes pretty hot in around 20 minutes after connecting.

Then, maybe its an issue with the battery, cable or software. If you have reset it and have been using the original cable then i would exchange the unit or go to AK support at this point. I wish you luck, mine is not doing that or overheating so may be something up with yours.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #589 of 621
Hi Guys, Is this device supposed to be so slow? Especially with Qobuz. Loading and scrolling lags very much. Starting a song can take some time and sometimes audio stutters after first booting the device up.

Depends, what software are you on? Mine was crawling after the newest update. I had to reset it a few times and a few restarts to get it operational from the crashes, unresponsive screen and lagging. Was not like this untill the new over the air update. Still acts up or occational freeze but functional for the most part now.

Try full resetting it, you will loose anything on the internal memory FYI so backup your music if not using an SD card.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #590 of 621
Then, maybe its an issue with the battery, cable or software. If you have reset it and have been using the original cable then i would exchange the unit or go to AK support at this point. I wish you luck, mine is not doing that or overheating so may be something up with yours.
Could you perform a test when you have time:
  • Use the ca1000 without charger to low the battery to 15-20%
  • Connect the charger and use the ca1000 as a USB DAC
On the second stage my ca1000 gets hot in around 20-30 minutes.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #592 of 621
Just purchased the Astell & Kern Acro CA1000 from Amazon for a bargain price of £599 just downloaded Amazon Music onto the player only problem it will not play any playlists (no problem playing anything else) it says it cannot find the playlist (I have no problem playing the playlist on my iPhone
)
Amazon Music made available by Astell&Kern of via side loading APK from APKMirror?

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #594 of 621
Could you perform a test when you have time:
  • Use the ca1000 without charger to low the battery to 15-20%
  • Connect the charger and use the ca1000 as a USB DAC
On the second stage my ca1000 gets hot in around 20-30 minutes.

I tried letting the battery go to 15% used as a USB dac on PC listened to music and charged with a 25w charger. It gets pretty warm but not so hot that i can not pick it up or touch it. Unless you and i have a different feeling on whats to hot. I can sit my arm on it and out of a scale of 1-6 for heat its about a 4 to me. But i am use to hifi gear getting warmer than usual. Now my Tube Amp gets hot, I would not put my arm on that lol.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #595 of 621
Disabling AK Connect speeds things up a little (on my CA1000T at least)

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #597 of 621
Depends, what software are you on? Mine was crawling after the newest update. I had to reset it a few times and a few restarts to get it operational from the crashes, unresponsive screen and lagging. Was not like this untill the new over the air update. Still acts up or occational freeze but functional for the most part now.

Try full resetting it, you will loose anything on the internal memory FYI so backup your music if not using an SD card.

Disabling AK Connect speeds things up a little (on my CA1000T at least)

I have tried both suggestions and must conclude that this device is really slow and can be laggy especially when using streaming services. I have indeed the latetst firmware that may be even slower.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #599 of 621
@JasonNYC Hi, I was wondering if there are any plans to add a battery protect mode (similar to the one in the 1000T) in the near future.
As discussed a few times in the thread, the feature had been requested and passed onto the dev team. There currently is no additional info on if/when it may be implemented. I will follow up again.

Are there any updates planned at all?
Last firmware update was a few weeks ago. Do not have ETA on next firmware update yet.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 12, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #600 of 621
I have noticed one more annoying thing - the battery drains pretty fast even if you don't use the device but keep it connected to a laptop in USB DAC mode.

Maybe because it is still using the dac while still connected. If your using it or not the computer needs to keep communication open with it connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back