Asus xonar DG problem
Apr 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Tuny

New Head-Fier
hi everybody

yesterday my xonar DG started to have a very low hissing sound in headphone mode.
if i disable all sounds in windows and in the xonar audio center the noise still continues
if i put the analog output in anything thats isn't headphone mode, it works perfectly, but if i change to headphone mode the hssing sound comes back

i disabled GX mode, disabled onboard audio in BIOS, used drive sweeper, reinstalled my xonar drive again and the problem still continues

does someone have and ideia of what could it be?

is my soundcard defective?

thanks

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 25
Sorry, this reply isn't related to the hissing sound... but have you ever heard this sound when switching between songs in itunes with your card: http://www.head-fi.org/t/605513/asus-xonar-dg-clicking-sounds#post_8308630

Thanks

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 25
Also, just out of curiosity, how close is your PSU to your sound card? Did anything change in your hardware setup? Sounds like some type of electric interference??

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 25

Quote:
Sorry, this reply isn't related to the hissing sound... but have you ever heard this sound when switching between songs in itunes with your card: http://www.head-fi.org/t/605513/asus-xonar-dg-clicking-sounds#post_8308630

Thanks

have you tried to switch off SVN?

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yesterday my xonar DG started to have a very low hissing sound in headphone mode.

If the problem did not occur before, did you change anything in the system recently ?

Apr 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 25

Quote:
If the problem did not occur before, did you change anything in the system recently ?

no, i didnt change

the card worked perfectly fine only about 1 day
than suddenly i was watching a movie and after i finished it i noticed the problem
i think that my card is broken :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #10 of 25
Try installing the third party software from Bitbrain "Xonar Unified Drivers".

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #12 of 25
I have this same problem, noticed this couple months ago.. My card is almost 1.5 year old. New DGX comes tomorrow so I will report my findings

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 25
i have tried the uni xonar drivers but the problem persists

i think its an defective card, but i cant send it to RMA since in the country i live i would have to pay more in the shipment than in the price of a new card

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #14 of 25
Have you tried front headphone mode? Just tried front headphone mode and almost no difference against front speakers (FP 2 speakers).. Of course front jacket have a very low static noise

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #15 of 25
Tuny, are you plugging your headphones into the card itself or a front jack?

I notice crackling when I use my front jack, nothing to do with the card though because it does the same when connected to onboard sound. Just a crappy front jack, wiring problem or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back