Asus Xonar Essence vs Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Dec 7, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 36
So apparently, that faux plastic emi shield does work, and that the metal ones we're all expecting was just a successful past marketing ploy.
At least that's what somebody told me.  I never really thought that much more into it.

I too am interested in a shootout between these 2 cards.
For gaming
For headphones
For home theater quality, setup and connectivity.

I hope somebody would be able to fill me in?

Dec 11, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 36
I own both cards and the Xonar Essense ST(STX) would be my choice if I had to own only one...of these budget cards.The Titanium HD is surprisingly competent for a Creative  product and deserves better press than what it gets from the disenchanted Creative owners of previous products.

They should have a 1/4" headphone jack in place of the cheapie 1/8" , durability mostly. SQ they are close , I have not had the time to do extended A/B tests. Maybe in a week from now, using headphones ranging from budget to upscale and difficult to drive.

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #8 of 36
I have auditioned Titanium HD for about 2 weeks. It sounds pretty much similar to Beresford TC-7520, but the latter sounds richer and louder. I also listened Xonar Essence before, but Titanium HD gives better soundstage with better depth and pinpoint. Xonar Essence sounds sweet though. My plan is to go for the Xonar Essence swapping opamps to LME49720. Hope this will bring HD's soundstage and Essence's sweetness.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 36

Do you have the ST or STX? If you compare them with the X-Fi Titanium HD, which one sounds the most harsh and which one has the deepest bass? Is the Titanium HD better for Trance music (deep bass, smooth mids, clear highs). I found the Xonar STX to loud, harsh and spikey to listen too for long periods. 
Quote:
I own both cards and the Xonar Essense ST(STX) would be my choice if I had to own only one...of these budget cards.The Titanium HD is surprisingly competent for a Creative  product and deserves better press than what it gets from the disenchanted Creative owners of previous products.

They should have a 1/4" headphone jack in place of the cheapie 1/8" , durability mostly. SQ they are close , I have not had the time to do extended A/B tests. Maybe in a week from now, using headphones ranging from budget to upscale and difficult to drive.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #10 of 36
I too own both cards, and tbh i prefere the Titan HD. But dont get me wronge BOTH are fantasic. I feel that the STX is more suited to music and the Titan for games and movies. But then its all subjective ...... issnt it?

Feb 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #12 of 36

Quote:
im very interested in this. i use my computer for m2ts movies, gaming and then some music. what i wish to know is would the titanium HD card be the best card for me.

Yeah get the Titan then. You wont be dissapointed. ................. If you have hard to drive cans then i would go for the STX as it has a built in amp.

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 36
I'm at a similar point. I need a card for gaming first, and music a close second. I'll be running the card through my PA2V2 to my Denon AHD2000.

Currently debating between:

1. Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  2. Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  3. Asus Xonar D2X 
  4. Asus Xonar DX

I've got a good deal pending on the Titanium, but don't want to end up regretting the purchase. Haven't seen very much at all about it on the forums here. What do you think between these options?

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 36
Since you game first and music second, Then the X-FI HD for its gaming features. Other wise the STX if you dont care about EAX and yes it still used in openal.

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #15 of 36
Gaming? X-Fi
biggrin.gif

Anyway jhanz, you already had posts on other threads about it, and the recommendation stays.

On a side note, OpenAL performance differs from device to device, and Xonar soundcards don't reach so far on that specific matter.

The Titanium HD is not a bad purchase, and you having a nice deal on it makes it an even better purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back