ATH-A700x comfort problem
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rustybucket123

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I recently bought a pair of the a700x's because the ad700s are recommended here and almost everywhere. I got the closed version because sound leaking out is an issue. I like how they sound but the way they fit is uncomfortable. They put way to much clamping force on my temples, ears, jaw and give me a headache. I really want to be able to use them. The tension bars seem to be plastic internally so bending them wouldn't work like i have seen done with the ad700. Does anybody know of a fix or mod that I can do to make these bearable? Or will I just have to live with using iems..which I really hope is not the case.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 4
Storing them with the headband stretched slowly loosened the clamping force for me. You could try softening the plastic band with heat(a hairdryer or something) and then stretching it out.
I don't use mine very often for the same reasons as you, my ears tend to hurt after an hour or so of wearing them.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Ill try that. I put them over my computer case so that should help with the stretching. About how long did it take for your to lose some of the force? I plan to return these if they don't loosen up within a week. If only the band was metal I could just bend that and be done with it. So what did you end up switching to since these didn't work out? I'm afraid I might have to settle for IEMs since they at least wont clamp. The only non IEMs I have gotten to fit nicely so far was a broken pair, that's sad.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 4
Ill try that. I put them over my computer case so that should help with the stretching. About how long did it take for your to lose some of the force? I plan to return these if they don't loosen up within a week. If only the band was metal I could just bend that and be done with it. So what did you end up switching to since these didn't work out? I'm afraid I might have to settle for IEMs since they at least wont clamp. The only non IEMs I have gotten to fit nicely so far was a broken pair, that's sad.

Quite a while. Probably at least a few days. I went back to my D2000/T50RP/Shure SRH840. The 840 is closest in terms of sound to the A700X, but rather heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back