Ath-m50 vs Shure srh440 vs Philips Uptown (Help me make the right choice please...)
Nov 15, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #46 of 49
If thats the Case, then Momentum + 440s could be a good combo for you ;D Well, if you should ever try it out and by the 440 . . . and you don't like it, just send me a message, i'll gladly buy them from you ;D

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #47 of 49
  If thats the Case, then Momentum + 440s could be a good combo for you ;D Well, if you should ever try it out and by the 440 . . . and you don't like it, just send me a message, i'll gladly buy them from you ;D

No problem. If i dont like them i will even sell them to you for the same 40 euros (plus the shipping of course... :p ).
Maybe i will ask my friend to send them to me next Monday. He is from lisbon so he has to send them. He has the uptowns as well but there is no need for those anymore....

But the 440's are not near as bassy as the hd25's right? Never tried the amperiors?

In my opinion (like yours) the only flaw of the momentums is like you said the confort and the fit.... Even the hd25's are more confortable and i have only 67mm ears wich is not much bigger than the average male ear.... and also it bugs me a bit to loose a bit of seal everytime i turn my head in a 90º angle.... in that regard my hd25's are flawless since i can headbang like crazy and i never loose seal. They are like glue!

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #48 of 49
Nope, never tried the Amperiors, but the 440s are not as Bassy as the HD25's. But in comparison, the HD25s sound unclear and muddy xD

BUT . . . . and thats a big BUT . . . if you really like something and you are satisfied . . . you should keep it ;D I mean, there is always something better but the search neeeever ends. You find something good, you like it....and you think:

"What if this and that sounds even BETTER? that would be awesomness-ultra!!!".

The Problem is, if you listen to the 440s, it could happen, that you don't liker the HD25's sound anymore. Are you a small or tall guy? The Shure 440s & 840s are big . . . not that big but kinda heavy, if you are a small and thin guy. I have a big head, so for me, thats no problem. You can't headbang with them, they will slip off your head xD

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #49 of 49
Nope, never tried the Amperiors, but the 440s are not as Bassy as the HD25's. But in comparison, the HD25s sound unclear and muddy xD

BUT . . . . and thats a big BUT . . . if you really like something and you are satisfied . . . you should keep it ;D I mean, there is always something better but the search neeeever ends. You find something good, you like it....and you think:

"What if this and that sounds even BETTER? that would be awesomness-ultra!!!".

The Problem is, if you listen to the 440s, it could happen, that you don't liker the HD25's sound anymore. Are you a small or tall guy? The Shure 440s & 840s are big . . . not that big but kinda heavy, if you are a small and thin guy. I have a big head, so for me, thats no problem. You can't headbang with them, they will slip off your head xD

1,80 m average size head. One of the reasons i did not like the m50s was because it was top damn big And the pads almost touched my cheeks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back