ATH-M50s Vs. Fischer Audio FA-011s?
Jun 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JiggyJones

New Head-Fier
My current setup is just a single pair of M-50s and that's it. I'm looking for another pair and I've decided upon the Fischer Audio FA-011s. What I don't know is how different the two are.
What are the advantages that the FA-011s have over the M50s and vice versa? Do the 011s have better soundstage since they're open-backed? What is the difference with the bass response? Which has the best overall sound quality?

Thanks!
atsmile.gif

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Everything I've read about the two suggests that the FA-011s have a much more V shaped sound, meaning more emphasized bass and treble with a recessed midrange.  From what I've read the m50 also has a slightly recessed midrange.  The FA011 seems more colored, would have a better soundstage, worse isolation, and needs an amp to do well.  I -suspect- the m50 will be more detailed, but that's always hard to judge based on non-A/B reviews.  I've never heard either, but the information is out there.  It seems like a slight sidegrade rather than an upgrade to me, but someone who owns both may have a different opinion.

Jun 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Everything I know about the FA-011s comes from this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end

A couple of amps are recommended in there.  You should definitely read it and post your questions there.  The people there actually own the FA-011 and a few may have comparisons to the ever-popular m50.  Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back