ATH Pro700mk2anv - is it worth it to spend more over the orignal Pro700mk2
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yahoobabe

New Head-Fier
I know some people think that it's worth it, some don't,
but i'm really considering buying one of these two just today, so i kinda need some advice, thanks a lot!

so the thing is i have auditioned the original ATH Pro700mk2, found it a bit muddy in the Mids
Treble is good though and i quite enjoyed the whole headphone overall

However I couldn't really get a chance to try out the anniversary edition (since it's limited and in my country there's no really places to try it out) 
all i know is the retailer told me that the Anv version is through every aspect better than the orignal pro700mk2's, 
and by a DECENT AMOUNT.
he told me that the mids and trebles are much clearer and the bass is even more in-your-face but at the same time not that thick (which is a good thing, don't really know how to explain but hope you get what i mean)

So my question now is that,

is it worth to get the Anniversary edition over to the Original pro700mk2's considering the ~$150 price difference they charge here?
I mean i do have the budget to afford both of them, just really need to know if it's not worth it for the anv. edition

(btw looks are not really a big deal to me between these two, since i like both of them a lot and i consider the originals good-looking already)

thanks a lot guys!

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Unless that is real gold, just get the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back