ATH-SJ11 or JVC HA-S400? Help for portables under $40.
Sep 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

th2ndchmst

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So I was looking around and just found that a recently opened store has a huge collection of budget headphones.
They are not necessarily of audiophile quality (obviously), but I think I'll spend a little bit since I am currently in need of some portables and given that there are scarcely any store which provide a good collection over here.

I will not spend over $40. Currently saving up for my ATH-M50 set (prices have been tough in Indonesia lately). Been looking for JVC HA-S400 and didn't find any healthy offers.

I was always curious about Audio Technica's Street DJ line of pairs. Since the SJ11 meets my requirements I think I will be able to afford those without hurting what I have in store for my upcoming M50.

Should I go for the SJ11 or should I wait any longer for the S400? I'd really love some fun-for-music headphones with a larger bass (impact and quantity) and rather flat mid and highs (I can handle more mid or more V-shaped though), and since I listen to every kind of music in existence so there you go. Never found any bold comparison between these two.

Since it's of that price range I'll be worrying less about details, soundstage and instrument separations and etcetera and etcetera knowing I won't get much. I'll be happily astonished if there really are a pair of that kind of quality in the price range.

Any other suggestions will be very appreciated as long as it doesn't exceed what I've stated.

So, any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back