ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #1,997 of 9,748
Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth this weekend.  CanJam was awesome.  Was great meeting a few new and future Eikon owners, meeting you guys in person makes me really excited to finish up each batch of headphones and get them to you.  We are back at the grind today and will be shipping out headphones this week.  There are no more shows for a while for us, just production!

Coming soon I will have pictures showing varnish vs lacquer finish as well as a ZMF Eikon/Atticus "user guide" that I really should have finished by now.  We are spending some good time on that this week.

Also - I do want to state that I do consider these closed headphones, they are certainly more closed than many headphones on the market that are billed as closed.  If I had to choose a percentage I'd say around 95%.  The Eikon is more closed than the Atticus and we do make micro-adjustments to each headphone as far as porting as after we match the drivers sometimes micro airflow adjustments can bring the db l/r matching even closer. 

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #1,998 of 9,748
  Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth this weekend.  CanJam was awesome.  Was great meeting a few new and future Eikon owners, meeting you guys in person makes me really excited to finish up each batch of headphones and get them to you.  We are back at the grind today and will be shipping out headphones this week.  There are no more shows for a while for us, just production!

Coming soon I will have pictures showing varnish vs lacquer finish as well as a ZMF Eikon/Atticus "user guide" that I really should have finished by now.  We are spending some good time on that this week.

Also - I do want to state that I do consider these closed headphones, they are certainly more closed than many headphones on the market that are billed as closed.  If I had to choose a percentage I'd say around 95%.  The Eikon is more closed than the Atticus and we do make micro-adjustments to each headphone as far as porting as after we match the drivers sometimes micro airflow adjustments can bring the db l/r matching even closer. 

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you & the misses too...It's not often you get to meet the person who created something for you. I just ordered my XLR cable too...I am super stoked...thanks again!

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,999 of 9,748
Thanks zach915m!

So... ZMF amp at RMAF 2017? Huh? Yeah? *Wink wink* Maybe?

:)

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #2,000 of 9,748

I was considering getting the USPS First Class shipping for the pads because I read that it can deepen the sub bass and widen the soundstage, but it is a little rich.  
darthsmile.gif

I'm queued.  Zach was nice to y'all and didn't hop your preorders for some quick cash grabbing at CanJam.  Sucks.  
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,001 of 9,748

It was nice meeting you and listening to your awesome headphones...I will be ordering one soon!

Monsterzero AKA Dave's friend

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #2,002 of 9,748
Zach - can't wait for my Eikon and Atticus, and hopefully, another Portland meet with you in attendance! My Wall of Fame includes several ZMF models...

Forgive me if I missed the continuation of dialog about this, but what ever happened on the topic of upgrading cables? I seem to recall that you were going to start offering an upgraded cable, and potentially offering some sort of discount or credit for your early adopters/fans.

Thanks!

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #2,003 of 9,748
Zach showed me a cable upgrade at CanJam...i think he mentioned for new buyers it would be +100.00

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #2,005 of 9,748
Has anyone tried the Eikon on the Taurus MkII?

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #2,008 of 9,748
Haven't heard them with the Taurus but Zach demos the Eikons with the Wells Audio Milo for good reason. I use them with the Milo and they play extremely nice together ! Very engaging.

I will be using a Milo for my Atticus and Eikon and Ori. One day I may add a DecWare Taboo mk4, but that will be after other things I want. It never ends, does it?

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #2,009 of 9,748
I will be using a Milo for my Atticus and Eikon and Ori. One day I may add a DecWare Taboo mk4, but that will be after other things I want. It never ends, does it?

Once you jump in that rabbit hole, you can't go back ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back