ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jan 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #1,801 of 9,748
Jan 19, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #1,804 of 9,748
If you want to forgo the stock cable on your Atticus and/or Eikon I can definitely work something out where you'd be paying less (a tiny bit more than shipping) on the OFC cable when it's done.  Keep in mind it could be a couple months before these cables are done.  The early prototypes are very nice sounding, we have to have some new parts made for the cables though which could take a short while.

Hmmmm, for those of us with higher order numbers, perhaps the timing will end up fortuitous... What's the best way to let you know on that, zach915m?

As I think about this more, I'm wondering if it makes sense to get differently terminated cables for the Eikon and Atticus so I have some options on using them... One 1/4" and one XLR? I'm expecting to use them (atm) pretty exclusively on my Jotunheim, but perhaps it makes sense to plan ahead? What do you guys think?

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #1,805 of 9,748
I am thinking of DecWare Taboo or Ampsandsound Mogwai. I would run them from a Jotunheim pre-out.

I've got a Mogwai getting delivered to me tomorrow for reviewing. Wish I had my Eikon to test it with... Oh well, thems the breaks.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,806 of 9,748
I've got a Mogwai getting delivered to me tomorrow for reviewing. Wish I had my Eikon to test it with... Oh well, thems the breaks.

Don't you have an Ori? I would definitely like to hear your impressions.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,807 of 9,748
Zachs headphones should sound awesome with the Mogwai.  The Omni for sure.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,808 of 9,748
Hmmmm, for those of us with higher order numbers, perhaps the timing will end up fortuitous... What's the best way to let you know on that, @zach915m?

As I think about this more, I'm wondering if it makes sense to get differently terminated cables for the Eikon and Atticus so I have some options on using them... One 1/4" and one XLR? I'm expecting to use them (atm) pretty exclusively on my Jotunheim, but perhaps it makes sense to plan ahead? What do you guys think?

Get them both balanced and then get a cheap pigtail adapter.  That way you don't have to swap cable every time, you just need to plug in the little adapter.  As a bonus, you can use it with any headphone, whereas two ZMF cables are good for ZMF and Audeze and that's about it.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #1,809 of 9,748
Don't you have an Ori? I would definitely like to hear your impressions.

I did a long time ago, unfortunately not any more.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #1,811 of 9,748
with the timeframe Zach gave us earlier, I'm pretty sure I'll get to hear my Eikon out of the Kenzie and the Phonitor :hugging:

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #1,814 of 9,748
  any pictures of the Eikon/Atticus without the earpads @zach915m? Is there anything protecting the driver (e.g. mesh, foam)?

There's a protective grate over the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back