Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #91 of 125
Shame ... with a few hours it is an excellent headphone.
Totally agree. I have the EL-8C with the Audeze 2.5 balanced cable hooked up to my DX200. It's my most used pairing. Sad.

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #93 of 125
Nov 2, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #94 of 125
I'll contact them when I get home then, thanks.
I'm curious, seeing as you have the jotunheim and idsd bl, which do you think pairs best with the el8? Also, how does the el8 stack up to the lcd xc?

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #95 of 125
I'll contact them when I get home then, thanks.
I'm curious, seeing as you have the jotunheim and idsd bl, which do you think pairs best with the el8? Also, how does the el8 stack up to the lcd xc?
To be honest I haven't used the EL-8 with either AMP. I just use it with my DX200. I really should give it a try. I'm curious myself now. I can try and let you know.

The LCD-XC is a much different beast. The treble is not as bright and there is more warmth to the sound. The sound stage is also a little better. I've tried a lot of headphones and the XC is basically my end-game. I highly recommend them.

I did compare the balanced output of the DX200 with the balanced output of the Jotunheim with the XC and the Schiit was better in most aspects. I didnt a/b the Schiit and the ifi but the XC sounds fantastic out of the ifi especially with the 3D/Bass boost feature turned on.

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #96 of 125
To be honest I haven't used the EL-8 with either AMP. I just use it with my DX200. I really should give it a try. I'm curious myself now. I can try and let you know.

The LCD-XC is a much different beast. The treble is not as bright and there is more warmth to the sound. The sound stage is also a little better. I've tried a lot of headphones and the XC is basically my end-game. I highly recommend them.

I did compare the balanced output of the DX200 with the balanced output of the Jotunheim with the XC and the Schiit was better in most aspects. I didnt a/b the Schiit and the ifi but the XC sounds fantastic out of the ifi especially with the 3D/Bass boost feature turned on.
I wish I could try out the lcd line where I live but I'm really tempted given how much I love my el8. Thanks for the impressions

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #97 of 125
I wish I could try out the lcd line where I live but I'm really tempted given how much I love my el8. Thanks for the impressions
I also have the LCD2 and I'm a big fan of those as well. The XC does add a little more punch and sparkle which I was missing on the LCD2. I sold a pair of HD800Ss to buy the XC and I have zero regrets.

I'm actually tempted to pick up a b-stock EL-8 open. They are cheap right now from Audeze. Either that or wait for the LCD2C that is coming out soon. Tough call.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #102 of 125
finally got my own el8 today! its a bit on the heavy end but nothing too problematic.
Like many other i do wanna change the pads, the leather gets a bit stuffy.
tried looking through this thread but couldnt find any solutions.
has anyone found a way yet that has not posted here?

Nov 30, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #103 of 125
DSC_0008.JPG
I made rings for the HM5 pads by tracing the original pads onto some board and stretching out the HM5's onto it. Fits snug.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #104 of 125
finally got my own el8 today! its a bit on the heavy end but nothing too problematic.
Like many other i do wanna change the pads, the leather gets a bit stuffy.
tried looking through this thread but couldnt find any solutions.
has anyone found a way yet that has not posted here?

I don't know for sure and I might be wrong, but I think it's glued on. I tried to remove mine and I could hear the glue separating.
If that's the case then you'll need to do something like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back