AUDEZ'E Headphone Cable Question - DIY Cable Mod
Jan 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Deadeight

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I am a student on a budget, and looking to get a re-cable for my Fischer FA-003.

I have noticed for sale in these forums many stock LCD-2 cables, as people upgrade them. I think I have managed to obtain the quite specific plugs that connect to the FA-003 cans, but have a few questions:

• How long is the stock cable? I am actually mostly motivated to re-cable because I want it to be shorted, my current cable is 3m.
  • Is it possible to cut the XLR headphone connections off the LCD-2 cable and solder some connectors cut from a fischer cable? The FA-003 uses one lead for each can, each of them with a mono TS 3.5mm jack (it is the housing for the jack that clips into the can, making this awkward).
  • I assume each LCD-2 connection contains either right/ground or left/ground. Is this correct? I would not be surprised if it is more complicated though.
  • Would I get any increase or decrease in sound quality? Would it affect the sound signature? The FA-003 stock cable just uses oxygen free copper, that's all the info I have.

If not I'm looking at completely building my own cable from scratch I think.

Thank you very much in advance for if anyone has any of the answers.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 2
You could do this.  The two cables have similar construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back