Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #2,401 of 7,353
Thank you for your suggestion, it makes sense that Ety's could be the complimenting IEM's to the isine. I was also thinking about the FLC 8s or maybe just saving the money for a further down the road upgrade. Now I need to audition the Ety's to decide...
I had the flc alongside the i10 and they just pale in comparison to the i10. It's really best to look at the i10 as an extremely portable full size headphone.

That said, a good companion depends on what you're into. The nighthawk is a really cool headphone you can pick up used under $300. The. There's the HD700 which I loved for crisp, hyper detailed listening. Or you could go with something like a fostex th-x00 for a great closed headphone, ditto the oppo pm-3. Any of these would offer much more vs the i10 than the 1060. My personal recommendation would be the nighthawk but it all depends on what you're interested in.

Finding an iem companion will be much harder because most iems just won't compare to the iSine.

May 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #2,402 of 7,353
I had the flc alongside the i10 and they just pale in comparison to the i10. It's really best to look at the i10 as an extremely portable full size headphone.

That said, a good companion depends on what you're into. The nighthawk is a really cool headphone you can pick up used under $300. The. There's the HD700 which I loved for crisp, hyper detailed listening. Or you could go with something like a fostex th-x00 for a great closed headphone, ditto the oppo pm-3. Any of these would offer much more vs the i10 than the 1060. My personal recommendation would be the nighthawk but it all depends on what you're interested in.

Finding an iem companion will be much harder because most iems just won't compare to the iSine.

Yes, that was the general consensus along this thread about how the isines can't be compared to any other iem's. I've been hearing a lot of praise about the Nighthawks, it's just too bad I don't have a place where I can audition them. Thank you for your suggestions though.

On a side note, have you heard the isine paired with the Chord Mojo? I've been planning on the Audio-gd upgrade, but I keep hearing that the Mojo is a better pair for iems.

May 23, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #2,403 of 7,353
So I just got in a pair of Isine 10's today that I purchased here on the site. When plugging in the cypher, worked great, however I noticed the issue with the volume being too loud at 3 bars, so I remembered the update that was mentioned to version 5.0 or so. I noticed my version was 3.0 or so and I requested an update. It updated me to 4.0, still though had the volume issue. Offered and update, after it installed told me I was on 3.0 again..... so I though maybe it's because my iPhone needs the new software update, so I performed the new apple software update.... now the cypher cable is not being recognized at all, I only get an error that states "Error. Download failed 'key' name can not be empty" which I am guessing it's doing this because it does not see the cypher cable hooked up and I'm trying to update it. Any ideas as to what is going on guys?

The cypher cable was working perfectly but I could not get the 5.0 update and then the new Apple software update made the cypher cable not be found.

Thanks for any help,

James

Were you able to figure this out? I ran into the same issue and called Audeze tech support and they were able to help me out.

May 23, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #2,404 of 7,353
I know you were asking kazekeil, but I wanted to add - I was planning on getting the etymotic ER4 to use alongside these. Haven't decided on SR or XR yet but it seems like a logical complement to the isines - way more portable/compact, very very good isolation, super flat, uncolored, detailed and neutral sound, easily driven. Ety's for the commute, isines for the office desk. Would love to hear comparisons of the i10/20 vs these ety's if anyone has direct experience.

Thank you for your suggestion, it makes sense that Ety's could be the complimenting IEM's to the isine. I was also thinking about the FLC 8s or maybe just saving the money for a further down the road upgrade. Now I need to audition the Ety's to decide...

I haven't tried either of those models but am very happy with my 1More Quad Driver for similar purposes. It's a bonus that the comply 600 series happens to fit both of them!

May 23, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #2,405 of 7,353
Anybody get balanced cables for these and run them balanced?

May 24, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #2,407 of 7,353
I haven't tried either of those models but am very happy with my 1More Quad Driver for similar purposes. It's a bonus that the comply 600 series happens to fit both of them!

Ah the 1Mores I haven't been able to try out... I will look for them later I think. It is nice that comply fits both actually, but unfortunately for me I dislike the feeling of foam in my ear canals. Now excited for the isine 10!

May 24, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #2,408 of 7,353
IMG_20170524_191016_01.jpg
Hi people,
just wanted to add something to the mix here.. am now a proud owner of a nintendo switch and I can only say, it rocks with the iSine 10..
Normally I use it with my Onkyo DP-X1 through the balanced 2.5mm output hence the adapters :) (works amazingly well btw)

cheers!

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #2,410 of 7,353
Hi people,
just wanted to add something to the mix here.. am now a proud owner of a nintendo switch and I can only say, it rocks with the iSine 10..
Normally I use it with my Onkyo DP-X1 through the balanced 2.5mm output hence the adapters :) (works amazingly well btw)

cheers!
Two questions.

1. What is the cable you are using?
2. What is that case for your Nintendo switch?

May 24, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,411 of 7,353
Anyone try the iSine 10s with the ZTE Axon 7. Broke my screen (got it wet) so just sent it off for repair in anticipation of the arrival of my i10s.

It was very good audio and a powerful AMP, just behind the LG V20 according to PocketNow. The built in app had a Dobly Atmos featured that when turned on seem to sound really good with my in-ears through the music player but Spotify sounded better with it off. I believe it was the opposite when using overhead headphone vs IEMs/in-ears.

I'm wondering how the iSine with Axon 7 will compare with the Cipher cable. Guess I'll find out in a about a week or two once iSine arrive and the Axon 7 is returned.

May 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,413 of 7,353
Anyone try the iSine 10s with the ZTE Axon 7. Broke my screen (got it wet) so just sent it off for repair in anticipation of the arrival of my i10s.

It was very good audio and a powerful AMP, just behind the LG V20 according to PocketNow. The built in app had a Dobly Atmos featured that when turned on seem to sound really good with my in-ears through the music player but Spotify sounded better with it off. I believe it was the opposite when using overhead headphone vs IEMs/in-ears.

I'm wondering how the iSine with Axon 7 will compare with the Cipher cable. Guess I'll find out in a about a week or two once iSine arrive and the Axon 7 is returned.

I had the V20 and using the 10's with it was great, but not in stock form. I did the adapter trick to kick in the "External Device" mode from the low-impedance "Normal" mode and that still wasn't enough for my tastes, so I opted to get a Fiio Q1. While the phone does not have a system-wide EQ (only stock music player and for lossy files only), the bass enhancement on the Q1 was/is more than enough for me while streaming Tidal Hi-Fi. (and using the Q1 with my computer to stream MQA from the Tidal desktop app is a biiig plus)

Point is, if the Axon doesn't check for impedance when you plug them in, you're in for a treat.

I am also eagerly awaiting Audeze's final decision on the Cipher USB-C cable. That would be the cherry on top with the 10's.

May 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #2,414 of 7,353
So has anyone listened to BOTH the 10 and the 20 and can provide a definitive comparison yet? Just saying there isn't much difference (Zeos) isn't really working for me. I want to know is there a $200 dollar difference in SQ between the 2?

Thanx in advance TWIN

May 24, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #2,415 of 7,353
@TwinACStacks

I listened to both some time ago however it was in store.
I agree with Zeos review in every way... Except that they sound the same.
Take this with a grain of salt as I listened in a store for around 30 minutes.

Both are fantastic, but IMO the discernible differences I HEARD were:

The iSine10 is slightly edgier. It sounds slightly hard when compared directly to the 20. I would almost say its a little more neutral than the iSine20 as well. It has flatter bass.
The iSine20 sounds smoother, thicker and more refined with more bass presence. Because of the thicker/bassier sound it appears to be a little less pronounced in the upper registers initially, however I think there are similar levels of detail there, just due to the denser mids.
Both have a similar sound stage width and depth. Both have fantastic timbre and present a very natural sound, with the iSine20 for me edging out the iSine10.

If I were to compare them within Audeze's line (this is for comparative purposes, I am not suggesting they are like for like), I would say the iSine10 is a fazor LCD2 with the iSine20 being akin to the LCD3 Pre-Fazor.

To be clear, both are smooth, easy to listen to iems and both sound amazing for their price. Having owned/heard quite a few iems (and headphones I suppose) BOTH of these models are up there. They will not present the detail and resolution of some of the TOTL CIEMS, but I have not heard an iem present such a realistic representation of sound.

Hopefully I am aligned with most people who have heard these and not leading the masses down the garden path.

Listening above was done with the iDSD Micro Silver version. I noticed that while these are portable they did seem to scale up very well. In fact I disliked them from my phone directly, which I happily use for my weekly commute with other iems.

I do not have an iPhone so I couldnt test the iPhone cable and app.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back