Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 17, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #5,371 of 7,352
Is there a good source for cables for the iSIne 10 that is fairly inexpensive? 3.5mm and/or 2.5mm balanced?

I really don't want to spend $150 to $300 on cables. I know call me crazy!

Not VE cables though. I've had two, they started out fine bet after a while started sound "off" and went back to stock. Not to mention after exchanging e-mail with the owner I rather not deal with the company.
We'll I was going to say venture cables but you killed that one! I'm also having a hard time finding cables which I know have the notch that are reasonable. I'm okay with the venture cables I got from massdrop, haven't ordered their stuff from Ali....

If you find any, let us know!

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #5,372 of 7,352
I don't want to start a debate but if you take a small look around, you'll notice a huge price difference based on the so called fazor element. I know it takes some engineering and tinkering to make it count but do not make me believe it's worth 100$. At the end of the day, it's just a piece of plastic. Either way, it's funny to see how i'd get bashed for mentioning this but when it comes to the earlock issue, it's simply swept under the rug. Furthermore, you feel the need to make a joke. Why? Just to protect your investment? Again, whatever i wrote regarding Audeze and their product is solely my experience with them. Yours and everyone else's will vary.
I was just goofing around, not meant to be mean or bashing, sorry. But the fazors, from what I have read, are pretty important to the Audeze sound, and about the whole protecting investment, nah, I got them from the B stock sale for cheap.. well, cheap compared to regular price. I don't try to justify my spending, I know I waste my money, lol. No hard feelings?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #5,373 of 7,352
I was just goofing around, not meant to be mean or bashing, sorry. But the fazors, from what I have read, are pretty important to the Audeze sound, and about the whole protecting investment, nah, I got them from the B stock sale for cheap.. well, cheap compared to regular price. I don't try to justify my spending, I know I waste my money, lol. No hard feelings?
None taken, none given! Sorry if i came a bit too straight forward, my mistake and i take it back. I have thins thing which prohibits me from buying used products so when i really want something, new is the only way to go. New and from an authorized seller/reseller. This makes me a tad more aware of my purchases and while i don't fault cheap products (the meaning of cheap may vary), i expect nothing less than perfection when spending upwards of 500 dollars. This is why i'm a bit pissed regarding the iSines.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #5,374 of 7,352
A quick question. Does the iSine 20 has considerably more bass than iSine 10? I’ve heard this from a store seller, but I auditioned only the 20. Can anyone confirm?

Also, what are the main differences? I’m aiming for the 20, but just found a 10 at unbelievable price that’s hard to pass on. Thank you!

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #5,375 of 7,352
A quick question. Does the iSine 20 has considerably more bass than iSine 10? I’ve heard this from a store seller, but I auditioned only the 20. Can anyone confirm?

Also, what are the main differences? I’m aiming for the 20, but just found a 10 at unbelievable price that’s hard to pass on. Thank you!
I had the chance to audition both of them (10 and 20) at a local Audeze reseller. I picked the 20's but not because it had *considerably* more bass. It handled higher output levels better and also sounded better with a dac/amp but as far as bass goes, during songs like Airbase - Escape, Spor&Evol Intent - Levitate and Daniel Kandi - Perfect Match (Chillout mix) i didn't feel any differences. However, again, while properly amped, the 20's had a better bass reproduction. While using the Cipher cable (they had that in the showroom), differences were almost zero. Actually, they were zero, i just wanted to think the 20's sounded better to justify my purchase :)). So as a small roundup:
1. Straight from an iPhone X, via their included Lightning to 3,5mm adapter - no differences (in bass).
2. With a fiio adapter - no differences.
3. With a desktop amp (i think they had a Cambridge Audio there, not sure) - at higher volume levels, the 20's handled bass better, with a more accurate reproduction throughout most of the mid-bass range (at least to my ears).
4. With a portable DAC/amp (Aune B1s, carried it with me specifically for this) - a slight difference in the accuracy (again, these might be to my ears only, barely perceptible)
5. Ciper cable (V2) - no differences whatsoever.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5,377 of 7,352

Honestly it depends who you ask.
Some say they can't hear a difference. Others say it's subtle. Then thereare those that say the 20 are much better and worth the upgrade?
I don't know, I just went with the 10's as found an demo set at a good price.

I find the bass excellent quality but I EQ it for a bit more quantity and I think I'd do that with either the 10s or 20s.

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #5,379 of 7,352

I bought the iSine 10s with the V1 Cipher about a month ago and fell head over heals. I honestly think they’re the most pleasant sounding and convenient option I’ve come across in all my years of hunting.

I loved the sound signature and convenience of the Cipher cable so much that I’ve upgraded to the iSine 20s and V2 Cipher.

Comparing them back to back, I found that the 20s have a wider soundstage, significantly more transparency between the lower mids through sub bass, and noticeably better overall resolution.

Had I not tried them back to back I would not have been disappointed with the 10s or V1 Cipher. I would only recommend the upgrade to those who love their characteristics to the point of obsession.

The V2 cable is less cumbersome, results in better battery life and has a warmer, more analogish sound to my ears.

You’ll be happy with whatever decision you make. If you’ve found a deal on the 10s, try them first and see how you like them. The 20s aren’t going anywhere.

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #5,380 of 7,352
I picked up the iSine20 with father's promo discount... I went with the Cipher and regular cable bundle. I would assume this is V2 Cipher cable people are referring to. It is a round cable instead of the flat cable. I was skeptical with the regular cable before I purchased this. I have heard some said the high was a bit too laid-back. I am using my iSine 20 with iFi DSD Black label and iPhone X. I must say that I am very please with setup. I have not yet tried with the Fiio X5 yet. I also tried the Cipher with the iPhone X... Again, Wow... it is really good. With the proper EQ setting, it is as good as iFi setup. I love both setup. Now, I can just travel light with just the Cipher cable :) I am very pleased with iSine 20.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #5,381 of 7,352
HqKbGl4.png

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #5,383 of 7,352
iSine 10 / iphone 8 / Onkyo player / FLACs / lightning cable

V1 vs V2

Hmmm -

I loved the 'old cable' - no EQ - totally 'as is' flat.

I got the new cable. I don't like it. Its warm to the point of losing detail for me. Anyone else found the same? I'll read though the 100's of pages later but in the office currently.

I'm resorting to EQ but chasing my tail. IS there a Head-Fi recommended list somewhere? I'm definitely not double EQing with the Onkyo player.

Boo.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #5,384 of 7,352
@Tooros - I asked KMann about the differences in sound between v1 and v2, he said that to get the v2 closer to v1 you would have to add @ +4dB to the 4khz band in the EQ. Or i think @bussola posted an EQ setting for the v2.

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #5,385 of 7,352
I got the new cable. I don't like it. Its warm to the point of losing detail for me. Anyone else found the same? I'll read though the 100's of pages later but in the office currently.

My iSINE 10 arrived today.

Yes the V2 cable applies DSP to EQ not only the lows (like V1), but the entire range. I like it, I only take 2dB off the first 3 low frequencies and it’s perfect to me, reminds me of the LCD-3.
It seems Audeze tried to correct the sound just like they do with the Roon plugins.

When I used the V1 cable in a ISINE 20, I had to EQ a lot. Now the V2 in iSINE 10, I just remove some low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back