Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #12,857 of 18,459
yeah a "revision" would probably be something along those lines. nonetheless, it would suck to buy one now, and have the thing updated 2 weeks later...

do they dead drivers issues surface immediately, or a couple of months down the road?

Quote:
I think they are still busy keeping up with demand for the LCD-2 and the dead driver issues. The last thing I heard was that they may be making a leather headband cover to cover up that unattractive foam. But nothing regarding a completely new revision. 

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #12,861 of 18,459

Quote:
The only thing I know of is this: http://redwineaudio.com/components/audeze_edition

I saw that a few pages back and though it is out of my price range it is really cool.  The fact that it is battery powered and can be moved around is awesome.  I'll start saving my change now and in 10 years or so should be able to get one.
eek.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #12,862 of 18,459
Quote:
I saw that a few pages back and though it is out of my price range it is really cool.  The fact that it is battery powered and can be moved around is awesome.  I'll start saving my change now and in 10 years or so should be able to get one.
eek.gif

We won't need headphones then, 'sound' will be directly interfaced with one's consciousness. A full orchestra in one's mind.

*Dreams*

Edit: although this is technically what is happening already :¬)

Jun 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #12,866 of 18,459
Mine happened within the first 2 weeks, as was the case with a few others on the forums, but there have been all different timeframes reported. The good news is they deal with it quickly. As for new revisions, it's not like with computers where it's better and cheaper each time. Their next product may be a different headphone entirely, and it may be a very different price point. 

Quote:
yeah a "revision" would probably be something along those lines. nonetheless, it would suck to buy one now, and have the thing updated 2 weeks later...

do they dead drivers issues surface immediately, or a couple of months down the road?

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #12,868 of 18,459

Quote:
According to those who have listened w/the new pads there is a marked difference.

To my ears, no, there is no substantial difference at all in sonics.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #12,869 of 18,459

Quote:

There was a blog post on their own website that supported the notion of no change in sonics from the pas chance but it seems to have been lost in the transition to the new website. Someone should email Audeze about that and see if they can put it back up.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #12,870 of 18,459

Quote:

Weird. There was a big difference to me between the two LCD-2s I have.  Maybe it was something else like damping that had changed, but there was a clear difference. My first pair was fairly early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back